Quality of Life - More begging from someone who plays too much.

Major

What killed me/Death msg/Combat log - I know dev's have said this would be very tricky to code into the engine. But It's such a big one!
When you record your games, to show other good PoE players to have them 'guess' what happened. (Could have been a desync'ed mob not on screen with a puncture tho didn't hear that sound as most likely reason, WTF really?)
Seems to be the biggest 'madbro f this game' wall while learning from friends that are GOOD gamers in other games. If they don't know, how can they learn/avoid doing it again.
Not even full combat log, but a simple "You were killed by 'Monster Name' 'Damage Type'"

Aura's UI - PvP really highlights this! A little UI for 'set and forget' pref's would soo rock, it's soo much more frustrating, with not enough buttons/having to swap out spells quickly.

MORE BUTTONS/Action bar - Ok, my 27 button mouse is a 'bit' extreme. But LOTS of 'pro gamer' 'MMO mice' and 'game controllers' are setup for 12 button action bars.
Look at a summoner, multi-aura's, choice of 6 minion summon buttons, 1 ground corpses, choice of pop corpse's for buff, 1 tele back to me & heal, usally a spell to tell minions where to focus attached to curse(s)/ culling. (Jump/Tele may not be a dumb idea either). So the build woudln't work good, but you could easily have 2 more buttons on 'setup' pre-combat than fit on the bar!

Trade from in map - Wait till I'm done/eating a map portal is crappy.

Currency Exchange - USER SET PRICES. But NPC/UI based, no dealing with humans, no stuffing around. Hate that it feels like a 'dodgy drug deal full afternoon effort' for what should be getting 2 50cent coins for a dollar. Seriously pick the wrong time of day to go, oh I'll change that, I just 2 Regrets short. Try to grab just 2, for either chaos/vaal/alt/alc/fuse/jew. Ya'll get, 5 'I only trade in EX, fuckoff smalltime' 15 'I'm out of Reg's but I'll do you a super good deal on Regals'.
It's just madness for 'currency'!

Want

ID all - Can we steal D3's book of Cain, or D2's Mr Cain himself to ID all our stuff at once. Even if it eats scrolls to run. It'd look good in my hideout I'm sure!

Animated Chained Girls - I still say, the girls chained to your health/mana balls, bums/boobs should jiggle a bit when you get full life/mana back!

Clock/Time - Got in a pug group 7pm. Oh awesome group!!! Oh shit the sun's rising, WTF is the time! (May not fix, but at least no excuse)

PS Vita Client - I'd get mine fixed if PoE was on it ;-P

Plz can I have some MORE - Excellent work so far, little more polish.

Desync Some things still exasperating.
"I walked out of that" - ground stuff.
"Where did I tele to?" - Having to chk map because you desynced to a spot you haven't even explored yet.
"Would I ever walk there" - Being smart range attack from edge of room, oh the server decided I pressed 'move to' instead of 'shoot from range' even tho I haven't moved in ages... AGGH under that boss & 2 yellows 3 packs of blues, not even pressing flasks... GRRH
"That's just cheating" - Boss runs in, hit 3 times. Boss runs in from other side, hit 3 times. Boss runs in from bottom of screen... How come I take the damage boss did to me all times, but boss is 100% life I never touched it...

More Master Crafting
RNG Luck as well as 'work it off' system. SOO GOOD! Add more!

More Pyramids/Triangles
So the other day while high on magic mushrooms... I was thinking what elegant and GGGenius base system/meta you have going on. But ya's need more trippy 'divine' triangles in the graphics!

Summoner - Last real tickbox in 'fav game evarrr'
(First off, feels lots more 'commander of a scary army' than 'afk play buffstick for NPCs' that it did in beta time. GGGenius work with gems/tweaks!

Snapshotting loss - SOO Glad it's gone, BUT, spect's etc pain in the ass now. I'm all for having to level/get a collection of 20/20 gems, diff for melee specs to ranged etc.
More white socket summoner gear? Something so we can use more than 1 spec type at once/can pickup ones from the ground in maps. E.G. GMP sucks for melee, multi-strike not so sexy for ranged.

Unique items - worth less now. I've gone from using 7-8 summoner items too 0, thinking of maybe adding 1-2 in. But still, def degraded there value massively. (Also not SShot related, but no real updates for new minions Ani Guard/Rage Sprit etc)

Soul Bag - I'm tonally all for putting in the time and effort to 'farm up' your minions. Do I want to go do this in the middle of map while with a group of friends. NO.
I'd personally love to use the 'chaos turrets - shot little triangles' mobs. But only way to get lvl 60+ seems to be Vaal Pyramid map 2 or 3 times. That'd be totally fine if I could fill up my soul bag with a few days worth...

Animated Guard - Miss my Iron Golem from D2. Still new/teething/learing with em. But here's my take so far.

Char Sheet - Even a tab on yours saying basics of his resists, dam could be nice too. My dream tho is his own char window with lots of info, and allowing you to see the gear/drop new bits over. (Good spot for adding MTX looks)

Agro/Passive/Stand here - He seemed so good, till he wouldn't come back! Used the tele to me spell, and QuickSilver flask ran away, but he still ran and stood in ground shit that killed him.

Active Gems! - Not sure if OP, could get a Cool Down. I'd love to be able to set him up in diff ways. A ranged, A support guy who doesn't attack but gives good buffs/etc.
(Ok bit to balance, still would love to see more custom buddy)

Res - Ok, I'm really not sure on this one. I love he's got a big cost, that he's a item sink. So far he just doesn't feel 'godly' enough to warrant the cost. It just doesn't seem 'viable' so far to me, to take him on anything 'scary'. Even daily Master missions (level 7+)
I know I haven't spent much time mastering how to use him. But so far, it feels. Doesn't do the DPS of 3 specters, sucks when he dies at first scary thing/no control to stop him.
Maybe a armor 'degrade' system, 10 deaths and it's gone sort of thing. Tho I think... I just want him to be 'godly tanky' so I can take him out to fun things and he feel he's worth the cost of items I put on him.

Gem colour feels bad - Got over a 500ES int chest (with over 40% reist and pretty nice chaos ontop). Would LOVE 4 red sockets for him. 1.2k chrom I'm 'making do' with 2 red, 1 green, rest blue.
I 'guess' a Mara with Dom blow, minion talents and armor/life build would go ok?
But it 'feels wrong' that Skele & Zombie are Melee Str sort of based minions, and blue, and he's a red.
(4 colour Master crafting wouldn't suck, but if he was blue gem it would 'feel elegant')

Thanks!
Sorry for the wall of text, and my bad writing skills.
Cannot say how much I love ya's @ GGG. Been let down by soo many other game dev's over last few years, soo glad some people still get making a game for the fun/challenge of the game!
Last edited by Bweaty on Jan 29, 2015, 1:52:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Well the second half of that can be summerized up as "Summoners too weak now that snapshotting is gone. Can you undo all of the nerfs to summoners while snapshotting was a thing?"

And I agree.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Create cheats that alloud you to destroy economy and do this stuff.

That is the most effective way to make GGG to listen the comunity.
Bweaty
+1 man, agreed with you!

Hope GGG will read and do it.
First off, thanks all for bumps/not having to just ague, no I don't want it less hardcore, I want it less frustrating and the challenges to ramp up! (Or my old fav, you spent $ on packs, you can't say anything with the game isn't perfect.)

"
LostKavi wrote:
Well the second half of that can be summerized up as "Summoners too weak now that snapshotting is gone. Can you undo all of the nerfs to summoners while snapshotting was a thing?"

And I agree.

A little, tho... I did enjoy the 'effort' and 'cost' of snapshot summoner. 2 sets of gear, 3 sets of gems. Ok having to go snapshot up some minions was a stuff around, but I'd love 'farming' minions.
I know des lets you just summon any corpse from map, so sort of go's against it.
But I'm sure they can work out some GGGenius system! (I'm still blown away with fixing to crafting RNG with a pay it off system, being masters and hideouts. SOO much better than a shitty bandaid fix or nerf/buff to RNG patterns.)
I'd love a 'freshen up' of summoner unique.

I know it's a lot of work, but I'm pretty sure there's some D2 necro lovers playing PoE! (And I pretty sure I got some friends that don't PoE, but would if they had best summoner fun in any game ever!)

"
maxkardinal wrote:
Create cheats that alloud you to destroy economy and do this stuff.

That is the most effective way to make GGG to listen the comunity.

I knew this girl, who used to pick the prettiest flowers, just to aggressively shred them into about 0.3 cm pieces. I asked her why she felt compelled to kill and destroy beauty. She explained if it hurt them they would scream.
I said, they have no mouth, or lungs. They breath through there skin & eat sunlight.
She is now fat & seems very unhappy.

Non-Abstract: Your logic seems flawed & you seem very destructive.
GGG has implemented MANY fix's and QoL on things I've ranted about on forums/to staff I see in game. (Soz guys) Many things they fix in ways that blow my mind.
Example - my second char in beta time. Was a mage type. I think I blew about 2.3k fuse on trying to 6L his staff. I'd go him up to map level in a couple of days, and he had to just sit there unusable for over a month before I saved up enough currency to just buy a 5L one. I mean, I was buying up Wis Scrolls, and ID/Vendoring blues to convert up to fuse's.
Anyway, I had a few big rants, always wanting 6L to be rare/hard/the shit. But for them to add a 'pay it off' system rather than just RNG.
Look at the Masters, what a fix! Added on top daily's & customizing my home. They soo hit me with digital crack coated QoL fix there!
(Quite a few other examples, and no I'm not trying to take credit for it being just me that said this was frustrating with the game.)

I think I'm trying to say, try to enplane what drives you nuts. Give them time, tiny crew, soo much work pumped out! You seen D3 and how little they do with a big team with lots of resources? I still get gold spam. ($weat$hop spam here stopped within 3 days of them implementing there fix here.)
They just left people who cheated 300 paragon levels when world leader got to 10 para in there last league. Fuck they even gave a guy a tent at blizzcon who showed thousands how to dupe cheat in that game. (Gold dropped to 3 mil for 20cents? from that 1 incident *no bans* alone?)

Shit coffee's gone and I'm still ranting. I need a girlfriend! *Wonders off mumbling*
I don't even have a summoner and that Soul Bag idea sounds awesome :D
As do many of the other ideas mentioned.

Good job with the fixes/changes so far GGG.
Great ideas, but based on precedent, I think what GGG is going to take away from your contribution is " We need new mtx's and skills"
If you are waiting for Qol issues to be addressed, their are a couple of things you should consider. Qol, desync, and trading has been promised by GGG from day 1 of the game. Guess what.
I've been asking for an in game clock since beta...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info