High lvl maps to lvl up

Hi Guys,

I am sort of a new player here, I have managed to get my summoner witch to lvl 84. But now I am sort of stuck the XP raises so slow doing 70-72 maps which I get as drop. I don't have like much money to buy high lvl maps. I wonder if buying the maps and then doing them is the only way how people get to lvl 90+.
I mean there are people who cross lvl 90 in 2 week races, do they buy so many maps to get to that lvl (its really hard to imaging someone getting so much money in 2 week race).
Please advice me how can I get high lvl maps to surpass lvl 90, my XP bar is moving like a snail :(.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.
Last edited by poseidon_I on Jan 28, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
You don't need to buy maps to go 90.
I only bought some like for 20c worth on this char cause i was on a pretty bad streak, but that's like my 6th in range 87-91 and I never needed it before.

Up to 74-75 it's not so hard to get some, just roll them better maybe. I don't know what you do with your maps but yellow maps helps a lot to do a good map pool, if you can't run hard maps blue + pack size.

But really you can find 74 maps at like 1 or 1.5c sometimes, so this is not the worst idea to speed it up a bit. Especially cause rolling them decently cost sometimes more than buying some.

In races, some people are probably buying maps, but it's just to go faster, it's not necessary.

Just run your maps as hard as you can with low chances of dying, and as high level as you can, it should go up to 90 without any issue.

Still takes time, you can reasonably expect 20+ maps per level.

After 90 it gets harder, you need to roll maps better, maybe group or use some zana mods, avoid dying at all cost, but at 84 it's still decently easy.
In order to build up a steady supply of maps, you generally need to farm your brains out and have currency to spend on your maps. Take a blank map and roll either pack size or magic monsters using Transmutation/Augmentation/Alteration Orbs. Alternatively, you can use an Orb of Alchemy and run the first playable map that you get (if you get scary mods like -max resist or reflect when your character can't handle it, Scour and Alch to try again or reroll the Alch'd map with a Chaos Orb). You really don't need to roll pack size or magic monsters on Alch'd maps to sustain your map pool, although the higher the map quality, the better. Also, I wouldn't use Cartographer's Chisels on any regular map below level 76.

Zana and the other Masters also help. Once at level 8, they generally give you level 76 areas to farm. You can sometimes get decent map drops in your dailies.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Tbh, as long as I don't waste currency while leveling, I have plenty of currency for rolling maps. Make sure to pick up all of your rares for alts.
Thanks Guys! All this information is really helpful. I also rolled 72 maps with pack size, and more rare monsters and found some 73-74 map drops.

Thanks to all of you, I see rolling map properly really helps!

Cheers!
"
Make sure to pick up all of your rares for alts.

Best advice anyone can give someone who is new/fairly new. I learned it for myself, but the value of advice is so someone does not have to learn it for themself.
Censored.
One last tip, unless on BL, magic mobs > pack size > rare mobs > 50+ quantity.

That should be the results of the map survey (memory isn't perfect).
"
One last tip, unless on BL, magic mobs > pack size > rare mobs > 50+ quantity.

"

Make sure to pick up all of your rares for alts.

Best advice anyone can give someone who is new/fairly new. I learned it for myself, but the value of advice is so someone does not have to learn it for themself.

Thanks a lot guys! I will keep all these tips in mind.

Thanks again to all of you for the tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info