Turn any (Loot-) Item into a Hideout Decoration

I would just like to expand the assortment of goods in the marketplace of my little town but there would be other uses of course, too (like e.g piling up unwanted uniques in front of your RNG Shrine :-D).
So: How about an MTX like the skin transfer that lets us turn any loot item into a decoration? The "dropped on the ground" graphics are in the game, anyway which would already be pretty cool and useful. :-)

There would have to be a way to keep people from abusing their hideout as additional stash space, though. The easiest solution would probably be to make the transfer permanent but maybe there are other options, too (e.g. make them reclaimable after a certain amount of time like 4 months+).
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You mean like a weapons showcase thing? That would be pretty awesome. :)

They can easily sell hideout weapon case skin transfers for items so its not like its real stash space more like the normal skin transfer just for the hideout deco.
I would like to e.g turn armour like the Crimson Raiment or a Scholar's Robe into a "clothes" item. With the current decorations I can have a potter, a carpet vendor, a cooper and even a book shop but no tailor :-D Same with boots, gloves or hat like helmets. But you could probably do all kinds of cool stuff with shields and swords, too. :-D
"
Alysma wrote:
I would like to e.g turn armour like the Crimson Raiment or a Scholar's Robe into a "clothes" item. With the current decorations I can have a potter, a carpet vendor, a cooper and even a book shop but no tailor :-D Same with boots, gloves or hat like helmets. But you could probably do all kinds of cool stuff with shields and swords, too. :-D

I love how you turn this hideout feature into the next Sims game. :P
It already is, anyway. ;-)
Sounds interesting.

I'm impressed by some of the featured hideouts. I'd really like to just litter an RNG shrine with crap unique items.

Item cases have been suggested, but having an item case be just the item laying on the floor sounds like an interesting twist. An item case variant or etc. All the better if this "on the floor" unique doesn't require an actual mtx, as the mtx can be kept for the nicer display cases.

(This cheapest kind could be a master sold decoration, one that isn't too cheap so that your hideout floor doesn't become a series of stash tabs, but something reasonable.)
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jan 28, 2015, 5:24:27 PM
"
Alysma wrote:
It already is, anyway. ;-)

I like the way youre thinking. Decorating is the best. ;)

Spoiler
Path of Decorating.
Simple, actually (tho prolly not to code).

Offer a single 'Stash Tab' @100g that will display on the ground in the hideout. Player can have a maximum of 2 such 'display' tabs.

Items in that tab can be moved around the hideout, dropped on any of the workstations as works-in-progress, or dropped on a display rack to be artfully arranged.

Removing the item from that stash tab removes it from the hideout. Newly added items end up on the ground near the player's stash.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info