On the issue of trading in Path of Exile

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I refuse to rely on the actions of others to play my games for me. Period. PoE is a fine game without trading... it's in no way "required".

You aren't instantly as powerful as you want to be, and you have to get used to doing without.

It wouldn't amaze me at all to find out that more than half of the players have never opened a trade screen.

It's just that trading can enhance the game and make it easier for you to communicate with everyone else playing the game (in terms of currency). Most casuals would probably enjoy trade if it didn't require 3rd party tools, but I simply think that all things considered, trade is not in a bad spot.

And to reply to boem... I overall agree that we shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party tools to make this game work ("work"), but GGG has so many things they have to do, I feel like it personally makes life easier for them for us to suck it up and figure it out on our own. I feel like people don't recognize how much is on GGG's shoulders, they are probably so tired of hearing about the same issues again and again and again...
Tradding at is current state is bad, say what ever you whant it is bad, is it so bad that make the game unplayabele? no, but trading atm is hardcore friendly, we do got tools who make it less painfull still all those tools are outside sources (still as no idea why); Plus this game is multi region witch means many diferent time zones makes trade even harder. GGG knows this and as they have said they trying to fix it just seems to get always put back over other things.I am sure if they did put a better trading system less people would have quited or would enjoy the game more, i had friends played and quited all said trading was an issue.
Last edited by goth1c on Jan 28, 2015, 3:06:56 PM
Trading is the best!

"
goth1c wrote:
Tradding at is current state is bad, say what ever you whant it is bad, is it so bad that make the game unplayabele? no, but trading atm is hardcore friendly, we do got tools who make it less painfull still all those tools are outside sources (still as no idea why); Plus this game is multi region witch means many diferent time zones makes trade even harder. GGG knows this and as they have said they trying to fix it just seems to get always put back over other things.I am sure if they did put a better trading system less people would have quited or would enjoy the game more, i had friends played and quited all said trading was an issue.

WHAT about it is bad? Finding alot of offline people? So many people in different time zones doesn't seem to make a difference, b/c whenever I play (3:00 AM or 3:00 PM) I always find people online selling stuff.

See this is what I mean. Criticism? Fine, that's how things improve. But you didn't cite a single reason besides different time zones (which I metioned in my OP that everyone would like offline trading) that makes it so "bad". What else is there that makes it bad?
People say Hi to make sure the person is online or to get a response to see if they're not afk before wasting their time typing up an offer or buyout. The new Procurement's "always online" feature has now made this a necessity. It's much easier to use the "Hi" -check than it is to say "Wtb your ????? 5l chest for ## chaos", or "How much for your ?????? diamond ring" in all your trades till the end of time
Last edited by Sakazaki on Jan 28, 2015, 3:22:54 PM
My go-to whisper for trading is usually:

"Excuse me, if you have a moment I'd like to buy your <blank> for <currency> on <league>."

Or if I don't have the exact currency,

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you'd accept <currency y> in place of <currency x> in exchange for <item>?"

It's not exactly hard to be polite.. just takes more typing to be polite, I guess.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Trading in PoE is excellent. I never understood what the fuss is about.
I agree with the OP I like trading too.

Only annoying thing is that GGG still does zero about managing the trade chat after years. What I mean is ban people who spam the trade as it is useless, after a while people will know and we will have a relatively clean and useful trade chat.
My tips for trading
NEVER offer for anything
Always set a buyout on your item
100% of the time you will have no trouble with trades and it will be like what the op posted
IGN:WitchSummonerz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info