Hardcore + desync

A few days ago I made my first HC (Bloodlines) character and I was really enjoying it. I had everything in control and I easily reached level 59 with a very minimum of 'almost-dead' situations. I was just about to upgrade my gear, since I reached Act 3 of merciless. I only needed to finish The Way Forward quest in act 2. It should be easy, I thought. I went to to wp of western forest and followed the road a bit. I saw a pack of magic mobs standing still. I instantly realized something was wrong, so I immediately pressed f1. Huge latency spikes (from 32ms to 1000ms). I spammed pots, while I was waiting for the connection to stabilize. It didn't, so I decided to shut down the game (alt+f4). This all occurred within a time-span of 3 seconds. My hp-bar was still at 50%, so everything should be fine, right? I restart the game, and guess what... exactly! My character died. How is it possible to enjoy a hardcore league if you can die to non-game related things? Is there a better way to react on desync than I did? I'm seriously doubting to make a new HC character.
Another quality desync thread...
sorry for your loss R.I.P :(

If this was me I wouldn't have checked F1, I would have first used my /oos macro and then I would log off if nothing moved. cut 1-2 sec off your time and prob survive. Don't check F1 if things don't seem right they aren't. just log off and restart.
You either decide to avoid this kind of "no return" situations and switch back to SC (~that is what I did after some time) or you will accept them and from time to time die to them.

If there is a way around it, I did not find it. It sort of feels natural in online gaming.
That was not dsync per se, it was lag, your internet connection was suffering packet loss issues so your client stopped receiving what the servers of the game was trying to send. Yes, it's not "game related", but it's most probably still on your end.
IGN : @Morgoth
Thanks for the feedback. Next time I will instant log-out, just to be sure.
You're way underleveled... playing it like SC... not so much due to desync as to simply not understanding the different playstyles.

Latency and desync aren't the same issue. Related, but not the same.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 28, 2015, 10:07:25 AM
What sort of internet connection do you use, if it 150-1000 ping/latency as normal behavior?
Just Alt+F4... oh wait.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
del_diablo wrote:
What sort of internet connection do you use, if it 150-1000 ping/latency as normal behavior?

Normally I have a pretty stable connection (20ms on average). I guess my ISP was having some trouble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info