An illness, the attainment of BiS gear.

With the same bis gear you say some builds are way stronger than others but then you assert that gear is too important for determining a builds power level? What is "excessive" bis gear? Aren't you basically just saying some builds cost more than others?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
With the same bis gear you say some builds are way stronger than others but then you assert that gear is too important for determining a builds power level? What is "excessive" bis gear? Aren't you basically just saying some builds cost more than others?

I am saying the way it is set-up now is detrimental to game-play-enjoyment and build creativity.

One of the sales points of PoE.

People are forced into builds to enjoy the end-game if i may exaggerate a bit. The scope of builds that can handle the end-game content is extremely narrow when compared with the possible creativity in this game.

I understand some people might experience this as a good thing, in my personal experience it leads to a dull end-game and a lacking of choice ones those builds have been realized and completed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This thread confuses me; I'm not sure if it's a complaint about lack of build diversity or lack of gear diversity or the need for BiS gear to do 78 maps.

Balance is a myth in the large scale; like MoonYu says it's a simple question of how many builds you want to get over the line out of the thousands of potential options. Then tweak accordingly.

If you want to count up every build that can do 77-78 maps (the answer might surprise you), then by all means, and that might then form a basis to suggest how many more need to be 'viable', though that term in itself is subject to interpretation.
"
Boem wrote:
I specifically left atziri out of this thread tbh.

1) it's a very mechanical fight that can be overcome by knowledge.

-Boem-

THAT GOES FOR EVERY FUCKING MONSTER/COMMMBO IN THE GAME!

Congratulations, you just won the dumbass-award!

Quit the ranting already, if you spent time accualy playing the game, rater then zerg around here on the forum all day: THINGS WOULD BECOME MUCH EASIER FOR YOU!

Spoiler
There is a special word for people of your nature, it starts with the letter I.

Go figure it out!
zzZzzzZzzZz
Last edited by Tzaina on Jan 28, 2015, 5:11:22 PM
There are so many builds that can map 77 & 78 maps without insane gear.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 28, 2015, 5:17:14 PM
"
Tzaina wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I specifically left atziri out of this thread tbh.

1) it's a very mechanical fight that can be overcome by knowledge.

-Boem-

Quit the ranting already, if you spent time accualy playing the game, rater then zerg around here on the forum all day: THINGS WOULD BECOME MUCH EASIER FOR YOU!

Spoiler
There is a special word for people of your nature, it starts with the letter I.

Go figure it out!

Yes, how silly of me, i forgot that every encounter in the game is placed in a room without any obstacles to alleviate one of its main issues when it comes to mechanical play.

you must excuse me while i hand over that dumbass-award to you.

On the topic of playing the game, have a quick look at my characters, then add roughly 35+ chars over lvl 80 and some over 90 that i have deleted and another 150+ of races. I am clearly lacking in experience when it comes to this game.

@davidnn5 its more of a broad observation, i don't expect anything of it and i don't qq. I am an idealist of nature so i do envision a different direction for PoE, but i am content with its current state, simply pointing out some things that might prove detrimental to the larger community in the long run. I enjoy discussing these kind of things.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Manocean wrote:
There are so, so, so, so, many builds that can map 77 & 78 maps without insane gear.

Are we talking pack size + magic packs 77/78 maps or 140% 77/78 maps? there is a slight difference.

I don't even disagree if were talking about pack size/magic packs 77/78's.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Tzaina wrote:

Quit the ranting already, if you spent time accualy playing the game,...

I dont unterstand why you call him a dumbass you must be playing a Tier1 build i Suppose?

Which make the game a Joke. everyone is playing the Same stuff and Takes away from game diversity Which is the selling point of the game and Made me once Start playing This game!

Im on my mobile cant go much in Detail. Boem saß something that bothers me and a Lot of Other Players now for quite some time
"
voodoojin wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:

Quit the ranting already, if you spent time accualy playing the game,...

I dont unterstand why you call him a dumbass you must be playing a Tier1 build i Suppose?

Which make the game a Joke. everyone is playing the Same stuff and Takes away from game diversity Which is the selling point of the game and Made me once Start playing This game!

Im on my mobile cant go much in Detail. Boem saß something that bothers me and a Lot of Other Players now for quite some time

No need to defend me, he already blew his own fuse when he didn't realize atziri is a different case because of environmental factors combined with mechanical play, which make here relatively easy to beat.

Where as random generated top end content occasionally encounters the dead horse, which further shrinks build diversity.

Peace,

-Boem-
You raise a lot of good points in here, Boem.

You have the rare (among the posters in this forum) skill of being an experienced, knowledgeable PoE vet who's able to view the overall state of the game from something other than a self serving angle.

It's good reading. Thanks for the breath of fresh air, man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info