Limbo for Hardcore Characters

"
Hi GGG,

My level 53 Ranger just died from an unfortunate lag event in your Hardcore league.

Yeah, because it can't be your probably shitty wireless internet connection that is to blame, right ?
IGN : @Morgoth
maybe OP should not play HC until he manages to beat the merciless on SC. After he learns the ropes he can go play with higher stakes
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
8.5/10 troll,good work!
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 28, 2015, 6:46:33 AM
Well op, I am sorry people are treating you like crap here. Get used to it. Folks love to feel superior and they scan the forums constantly for an opportunity to do so.

Unfortunately hardcore is hardcore. I am on my third character there. You are warned when you create a character as to the league rules and that there are no exceptions.

Here is how I deal with hardcore, and it may help.

1. Expect to die. This may seem counter productive, but it's the smart way to go about hardcore if you are average skill and knowledge level like I am. Do everything you can to avoid it obviously, but accept it when it happens.
2. Prepare for a new start. Unless you play self found, it is wise to save gear that will make your next incarnations life a bit easier.
3. Pre level for zones. Always try and be a few levels above the zones you are playing unless you are a really good player. (start thinking this way around the time you hit cruel solaris temple).

Hardcore is, by design, meant to be a challenge. Computer problems add to this challenge, but they always have in any game. Get up , dust yourself off, and get back in there.
Last edited by Xtorma on Jan 28, 2015, 11:16:33 AM
@Xtorma Thank you for the kind response.

For everyone else, I wasn't trolling. I was suggesting an idea. Clearly it's rejected. You don't have to be a dick about it.
Its a good idea, although fee to return hardcore should be progressive. Each successive death increases fee cost, so anyone who dies a lot on HC will eventually be unable to pay the fee then thrown at SC. Also those fee payments should be limited by time, about 1 hour, so people will be unable to farm that fee with other HC characters at same league under time limit in most cases.
I edited my original post with an entirely new idea that builds on your suggestion of higher penalty for higher levels.
Guys. Let's get something straight.
The point of Hardcore is "no turning back".
It's maximum risk.

Any idea that proposes "returning" characters in ANY way should be a DIFFERENT mode.
It's simply NOT Hardcore. Period.

Hardcore is permanent death.
Not permanent death = not hardcore.
Simple binary logic.

Whether or not PoE has an enjoyable hardcore mode experience - considering all the desynch - is a different subject.

Maybe you could call your "sacrifice char to return other char of same or less experience" Cabal League.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jan 28, 2015, 12:10:59 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:
Guys. Let's get something straight.
The point of Hardcore is "no turning back".
It's maximum risk.

Any idea that proposes "returning" characters in ANY way should be a DIFFERENT mode.
It's simply NOT Hardcore. Period.

Hardcore is permanent death.
Not permanent death = not hardcore.
Simple binary logic.

Whether or not PoE has an enjoyable hardcore mode experience - considering all the desynch - is a different subject.

Maybe you could call your "sacrifice char to return other char of same or less experience" Cabal League.

What is the reason for the latest influx of HC related suggestions? Theyre all about getting a second chance in HC, or bribing your way back in and things like that.

People gotta learn to figure out how they wanna play, SC for the chance of resurrection at XP cost from cruel onward or HC with a single death and youre out system.

I get it, it's hardcore. You get one chance in Hardcore. There's just something about dying due to desync (cyclone skill anyone?) that makes some players feel cheated.

I think Nurvus has a good idea around creating a non-hardcore league around a limbo theme, with that league being more "hardcore" than standard. I bet a lot of people would play it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info