PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Does Windrippers IIQ/IIR apply on oneshots?

Assuming I have all elements and crit every shot and kill enemies with the first shot, would the IIQ/IIR of windripper still apply? Or would they need to die in 2shots were they get frozen, shocked on the first and then die on the second?
Another little question, if you had 70% critchance would you go rather go for a crit chance support gem or for crit multiplier gem? The multiplier gives more dps but with even more crit chance i would be more consistent
"
ItsRay wrote:
Assuming I have all elements and crit every shot and kill enemies with the first shot, would the IIQ/IIR of windripper still apply? Or would they need to die in 2shots were they get frozen, shocked on the first and then die on the second?

If you kill on the oneshot, the IIR/IIQ should apply. It works to trigger herald of thunder.

More DPS is usually better, but I would try both and pick the one you like more.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
97% of the time Crit Chance is better.
Crit multi
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
if your running a windripper with fire damage - your doing it wrong.

you want all of your damage to be cold or lightning - otherwise your losing a great deal of what that bow does cause the fire damage sometimes kills mobs.

the effect on the mob when it dies is what should determine the bonus - and fire damage negates both bonus.

wrath, herald of lighting, herald of cold - and if you want more DPS haste.

herald of fire just breaks what the windripper does - and at that point, you might as well not even be using it, and just craft yourself a elemental bow.
And why would fire damage be a problem if I crit anyway and apply all 3 elemental statuses?

ill just assume that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Im not using HoA btw but its nice seeing you jump to conclusions, im currently running wrath anger and HoT. Maybe I'll be able to add a HoI down the road
Last edited by ItsRay on Jan 28, 2015, 10:00:52 AM
ermagherd someone hurted ma feelins... :(
So is that supposed to be you admitting to having no clue at all?
OK, let's do some maths.

Let's assume you actually only have the default Critical Strike Multiplier of 150%, and you use an average Windripper with 9.5% base crit chance (for simplification purpose, we'll don't take accuracy rating into consideration).

For having a 70% total crit chance, you must have 70/9.5 - 1 = 637% more crit chance on your tree and your stuff.

If your inflict X damage with a normal blow, you inflict 1.5X with a crit and your actual average damage per hit is :
0.3*X + 0.7*1.5*X = 1.35X

1) If you add a 20/20 crit chance support gem :
your crit chance would become 9.5 * (1+637%+167%) = 86%
Your average damage per hit would be :
0.14*X + 0.86*1.5*X = 1.43X

2) If you add a 20/20 Increased Critical Damage support gem :
your crit damage would become (1+79%)*1.5*X = 2.685X
Your average damage per hit would be :
0.3*X + 0.7*2.685*X = 2.18X

With your current stats, Increased Critical Damage would increase your damage a lot more than Increased Critical Strikes.

(For a Cast on Crit build however, the choice might not be so obvious.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info