[Bloodlines] Puf's Reduced Cost Dominating Blow (Cheap and Effective) - Build and Progression

Hello Exiles! So you want an army of 50? Grab all the auras from rare packs?
High Physical Damage aura? 3000 Energy Shield Buffer? Immortality (a little more on this later)?

Welcome to my (Puf) Dominating Blow variation!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

i...Contents...i

1. The Build Theory

2. The Main Build Statistics

3. Passive Progression

4. Gem Links and Explanations

5. Armour Optimization

6. Weapons and How They Affect Being in a Party

7. Maps

8. Interaction with Bloodlines and Some Other Mods

9. My Progression, Gear and Notes So Far

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Build Theory

As the title entails, this build revolves around lowering the cost of Dominating Blow and its links in order for it to be used practically.

The new skill/passive tree (I believe 1.3) made all 'Reduced Mana Cost of Skills' in close proximity to the Marauder tree.

With all the Reduced Mana Cost of Skills nodes, we won't need a Soul Taker Siege Axe, therefore, making this build relatively cheap and budget.

This build will be running on the Blood Magic support gem. The build also finds Life Regeneration nodes and these are paired with high +Maximum Life % in order to run Dominating Blow.

Since every magic mob in Bloodlines has a mod, dominating them will give you amazing advantages. See 'Interaction with Bloodlines' for more.

The Main Build Statistics

Spoiler

(Taken from PoE-Passive Skill Tree Planner)

o High Life % pairs with Life Regeneration to regain life and to use Dominating Blow
o Reduced Mana Cost of Skills and Skill Duration both affects Dominating Blow well
o Armour % increased defense
o A lot of Two-Hand Weapon Damage and Attack Speed because Dominating Blow is relatively weak.

Passive Progression

First Couple of Levels
Spoiler

Templar Nodes
Spoiler

The Build Starts
Spoiler

Finishing Touches
Spoiler

The Rest of the Tree and URL Reference

Gem Links and Explanations

Main Attack

Dominating Blow + Blood Magic + Melee Splash + Multistrike

Dominating Blow doesn't start until you have a 4L RRRR with the gems listed above.
Luckily for us, an armour item with a four link isn't difficult to get.

Here are some suggestions for the last two links:
Added Fire Damage
Melee Physical Damage
Increased Duration
Life Leech
Empower
Faster Attacks
Enhance

Auras

Hatred + Determination + Reduced Mana

Hatred for damage. Don't worry about freezing the mobs because you'll dominate them before that.
Determination for extra defense.

You can use Herald of Ash in earlier levels for extra damage and clear speed. Be mindful, you can burn mobs even after they're dominated.

Mobstastic Benefits

Convocation + Faster Casting + Increased Duration

Convocation makes this build do crazy amount of damage to small groups of mobs. Bosses and strongboxes included. This is your only way to regroup your mobs with you.

Cast when Damage Taken + Desecrate + Flesh Offering + Enduring Cry

Special thanks to WillywonkaHC. Flesh Offering is an insane boost for your minions. Lv. 1 Flesh Offering gives a significant boost of 30% to Attack Speed, Movement Speed and Cast Speed for your minions. Since we dominate our monsters and leave no corpses on the ground, Desecrate ensures there are fresh corpses.
For more information, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQotktZuIvc#t=138.

Other

Cast when Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Molten Shell

I'm half and half with the two Cast when Damage Taken setups. One enhances minions but the other enhances defense. Sometimes you won't proc Cast when Damage Taken because your minions are face-tanking damage. And when you do get hit, sometimes you want that extra defense.

Armour Optimization

This is fairly easy.
High armour, high resists and a lot of life.

Since most of our gem setups are using red sockets, high armour pieces are preferred. Resists should always be maxed out. Try to get life rolls on armour pieces the best you can. Now with Master crafting, this should be somewhat easier.

Weapons and How They Affect Being in a Party

There are three types of two-handed weapons.
Maces
Swords
Axes

There are key differences between these.

Maces are a high-damage weapon with Stun Duration, but a very low attack speed.

Swords are the lowest damage stat, but with a faster attack speed.

Axes are a mix of both, bringing some attack speed with some damage.

In a solo environment, try to use the highest DPS two-handed weapon as it'll grant you the most dominated minions.

However, since we have generic two-handed damage nodes, we can swap weapons with ease. In a party, you want to get the most last hits or the most procs as possible since there are more damage sources that doesn't dominate. To do this, a high attack speed weapon is preferred in order to hit often. Normally a sword or axe plays this role.

Maps

Unfortunately, I haven't reached maps yet.

I assume half-regen maps are bad.

For reflect, you hit for little damage in the course of 3 hits. I think regenerating your life will negate reflect mobs.

If you can kill Beyond mobs, they're a great addition to your party.

Leap slammers and flicker strikers are great mobs to dominate.

Interaction with Bloodlines and Some Other Mods

Bearer of the Guardian
I don't know if the mobs that have this affix needs to die completely before you can hurt the guardian.

Bond of Chaos
The dominated mobs with this affix carry over the bond and doesn't hurt you.

Corrupted Bloodline
I don't know if it gives a stack of corrupting blood to the monster that killed it. It will give you a stack if you dominate a mob with this affix.

Cult of the Elements
One of my favorites. It does apply its effects to enemy monsters.

Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers
When you dominate the mob, it does activate the effect. It will not activate the effect again if it dies within your party. Reep build #2.

Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood
It does apply its effect to enemy monsters.

Heralds of the Obelisk
Needs more testing.

Keeper of the Trove
They do not drop extra items when they die from your party. GGG pls.

Legacy of Vigor/Zeal
They continue to apply their effects to themselves.

Living Blood
Once dominated, the last mob with this affix who dies, regardless or dominated or not, will spawn the Congealing Blood.

Mark of the Cannibal
Applies their effects to themselves.

Necrovigil
I think they don't drop the AoE until they completely die and it'll grant you its immortality effect. Not sure yet.

Order of the Frozen Sky
Not yet encountered. I assume it just casts it when it's dominated.

Otherworldy
Applies the effect to themselves.

Phylacteral Link
lolskip. Applies the effect to themselves.

Shared Boon
Only applies the effect to themselves.

Shrouded
Not special. Pretty funny though.

Union of Souls
Dominates the monster with its current form. Does not pass its effect twice.

Voidspawn of Abaxoth
Have not encounter yet. I assume it's like Living Blood mod.

The Nemesis mods also sometimes pop up here and there. They're advantageous!
Rare mob auras should be a priority. Don't test 'Other Allies Cannot Die,' though. Reep build #1.

My Progression, Gear and Notes so Far

Level 53-54, Merciless, Act II

Spoiler
My Gear
Spoiler

My Offense and Defense
Spoiler
Offense without buff
Spoiler

Offense with buff
Spoiler

Defense without buff