Can Herald of Thunder have critical strikes?

Whereas I recognize that HoT never shocks, I want to know if HoT can generate critical strikes for the purpose of generating additional damage?

EDIT: I'm referring to the "on-kill" effect.
Last edited by Ladderjack on Jan 27, 2015, 7:47:00 PM
No. Its the same as incinerate, theres only 2 possible ways for it to crit.

Those would be the Diamond Shrine (100% crit chance for a minute) or Assasin's Mark (5-10% crit chance)

Also, just asking google the same question as you posted in this forum would have given you an answer immidiately without me having to write it down.

Also note that these are critical strikes but they still will not shock afaik.

(What you maybe looking for is HoT - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark link.)
Last edited by ItsRay on Jan 27, 2015, 8:04:54 PM
It's not in the Wiki and it's not in the skill feedback. I looked in a few places.
Yeah and now copy&paste the exact Topic Title of this Thread into google, and oh wonders..
Well, I got my answer and you got to be condescending to someone, which appears to be something you value from what I see in your post history. Win-win.
Well looking at the gem itself would have giving him an answer.

There is no Critchance noted > Means it's 0% basecrit, and it cant scale with ur globale crit.

so as mentioned in posts above u'll need an external chance to crit which can be reached tru assasines mark curse or a diamond shrine.

for spells just check the gem description, no need to browse forums or a wiki for that.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Can you tell me where it says in the game or the wiki that the absence of a value for critical strike means that the skill or effect has no chance for critical strike please? This would clear up a lot of things for me, such as for instance, Minion Instability. I have been looking for that piece of information since I started playing this game and haven't found it.
Hint: if you don't want to help people don't browse the "gameplay help" forum
Anything that is not labeled attack and doesn't have a crit chance noted cannot crit.

Attacks use the weapon's base crit %
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Anything that is not labeled attack and doesn't have a crit chance noted cannot crit.

Is this aspect of POE documented somewhere that makes sense, not just some random post in the forums?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info