Any plans for a follower or mercenary?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this has been asked more than once! But do GGG has any plans to add the option for a follower/merc in the game at some point?

Cheers
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nothing has been said i think but we got the animate guardian gem and thats as close as you can get with equipping a "follower" with items. Hell, you can even resummon it after logout for free with the same items.
This was something I asked about forever ago as well. Animate guardian is not the same thing. That equates more to Diablo 2's raise golem skill.
i <3 minesweeper
I think having a follower would be nice if it was also disabled in grouping
On my side I really do not like the idea to have a follower
Last edited by spacecroquette on Jan 28, 2015, 2:01:47 AM
Just say no, want nothing to do with an AI retard running around.
I really hope not....

if you want follower, play a summoner.

it just, takes something away from the game.
"
Runeword wrote:
This was something I asked about forever ago as well. Animate guardian is not the same thing. That equates more to Diablo 2's raise golem skill.

No its not like the golem. Did you even play D2? You couldnt equip the golem with anything other than a weapon. The guardian can be equipped with all pieces of gear minus jewelry and bows/wands. It is exactly like the melee followers from D2 plus you can equip slightly more. I think you should fire up D2 again just to see whether your golem was as well equipped as your follower and whether your follower had gloves and boots or not.

This doesnt need to be in the game. People already buy a real doll for IRL companionship, we dont need to give people who are introverts the same thing ingame.
Say you are a ranged char, and you want a tank to stand up things, hence your companion...

... well, people already do this in POE with a summon skellies totem or other minions.

So, I'd rather see more minion types to fill these roles, since they also use AI, and can fill these roles. Or, does it really matter if you have to gear them or etc.
"
Say you are a ranged char, and you want a tank to stand up things, hence your companion...

... well, people already do this in POE with a summon skellies totem or other minions.

So, I'd rather see more minion types to fill these roles, since they also use AI, and can fill these roles. Or, does it really matter if you have to gear them or etc.

You really dont seem to get the point of a follower in the traditional sense. Yes, you can gear them up, that is their sole reason they are called followers instead of minion. And luckily this role is filled already by the guardian, that was GGGs compromise. They didnt want to add followers so they have us a skill gem for summoning one instead. A nice middle ground i would say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info