My scolds setup

To show to someone:

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jan 27, 2015, 5:44:30 PM
interesting. How is your clearing speed?
Clear speed is good, even in 78s.
I get maybe all spell procced every second, which is not on the level of coc, but still way enough (can be increased with more support on cyclone, but i'm fine with current level of self damage).
The leech and the pots are enough to sustain, but it's better not to chase single mobs for 10mn.

Issues are more:
- pots and VMS management (if you run out you can't cast)
- avoiding one shot without the possibility of using immortal call
- some client crash maybe every 2 or 3h when I meet a reflect pack and games decides that the 30 spells in the queue will not be managed

Advantages vs coc is that you can usually yolo a bunch of stuff. Even if you take damage and don't control shit, even if you're stunned, frozen, you still do damage and leech.

Also fun in pvp, a bit hard vs bows (impossible vs poison arrow), big kaboom 1s fight vs melee, can go either way depending who leech the most. And you get usually a free win first game before the guy sees what's going on.

There are still a bunch of possible optimization, still working on it.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jan 29, 2015, 7:42:41 AM
interesting build;)

Is it possible to use lightning coil or the other chest which converts phys damage to fire with immortal call to mitigate phys damage or this is a nerf to the damage?
Lightning coil is not really a good option.

You want to avoid physical mitigation because it will make you proc slower. Not really a huge problem when cyclone blood magic can hurt for 700 if you really need to, but still something you don't want to pay for with drawbacks.

You could compensate by increasing cyclone cost, which would lead to better survivability to one shots and similar dps.
But then a belly is way better there because:
- it doesn't make you proc slower
- it allows similar chances to survive big hits
- it doesn't have the shitty -60% light res

If you don't like volls, you can go:
- belly for hp
- carcass for range, you hit more stuff, you leech more, and there are other good stats on it
- cloak but then you probably need a sick mana regen

Without volls you probably will need to get rid of discharge (not 100% sure cause you still get charges from curse, you can put random pcoc here and there, you can double curse for poacher...). Because playing with full power charges at all time is probably better.
I like voll's cause it gives a ton of power charges and you don't really care about armor/eva/es, so it's not that bad of an armour (except for life, and it also forced me to spend 2 points to shift my useless ES into mana with EB). And discharge really hits like a truck, no spell does any similar amount of damage.

Immortal call is a total no. You take no physical damage for a certain duration, meaning that you can't proc any of your CWDT intentionally. It still proc with elemental damage but this is totally out of your control, which is bad. Totally not worth a slot (1 slot = 1 spell).

Ideally you want a steady amount of damage taken per second, not big spikes because with spikes:
- you loose hits that are not taken into account when spells/CWDT are on cooldown
- you loose portion of hits (ex counter is at 2k you take 1k it trigger at 2.5k, 500 are lost)
So procing yourself is way better in terms of spells cast per real damage taken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info