Flame Surge Crit shadow build - general discussion

Hello Community!

In the last days I thought about a cool build idea, but because i dont have the time to make a new character I just want to discuss about this idea and find out if its viable.

The generell Idea was to increase the dmg of flame surge as good as possible.

So a very important item for this build is The Three Dragons for obvious reasons: 1.Flame Surge cant ignite enemies so we get shockstacks(50% increased dmg) for free, AWESOME! To be able to use the 50% increased dmg from Flame Surge to burning enemies we need another spell with high crit. With the Three Dragons we are able to use Ice Spear wich got a very good base crit and even higher Crit Chance if it explodes(or what it does :P).

But the main Idea was to link my Spell that ignites enemies(in this case ice spear) with Curse in hit to get the 50% increased dmg and a full screen of cursed enemies in a single Cast!

So my links would be:

Flame Surge - Spell Echo - Increased AoE - Faster Casting - increased Critical DMG(added cold/lighning?)
Ice Spear - GMP/(LMP) - Curse on Hit - Critical Weakness/Elemantal Weaknes - Ele Prolif (- increased Crit Chance)

Spell Echo on Flame Surge is also very nice to apply the Shock with the first Cast and then get extra dmg from second Cast.

So all in all we have Flame Surge Base dmg + high crit chance + high crit crit multiplier + 50% increased dmg to burning enemies + 50% increased dmg cause of shock stack + increased dmg from curse

And we got all of this in 2 Casts!

I dont have a Skilltree yet(maybe you have one?) and i dont know wich gear would be best for this character(obviously we need crit) so i hope you guys help me out and maybe one of you guys will make this character. Im not sure if i´ll do this character.

Please comment below for any corrections/ideas.

Hope you guys like my Idea!

PS: Sorry for my bad english :P.
I actually thought about getting elemental Equilibrium for even more dmg.
But im not sure how it works.
Can it only be applied to a minion once or can it be overwritten.
If it´s able to be overwritten it would make no sence for this build.
It's my idea of critical Flame Surge.

Level 90.

Full Build.

flame surge + spell echo + add lightning + life leech + concentrated effect + increased aoe

Combined with 3 Dragon + Carcass Jackal.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
I never thought about Carcass Jackel but it seems to be pretty good with this build.
Tree looks very good aswell, do you use ice spear with curse on hit aswell?
For curse is herald of thunder + curse on hit + ass mark. My char is level 62 but very strong.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
hm ok, what do you use to apply burning?
Fire trap. I use against some types of blue (extra life, elemental resist), rares and uniques.
Guides made by me:
So you dont think its worth to use curse on hit with the spell that applies burning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info