My Unique Teaser

"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Conduct wrote:

I’d like to talk about greed. There is always such a need for more in this world it seems. I say it is fine to embrace that, hell I’d say it is your right as exiles to take anything and everything. However does that greed take away from the everyday life that you live? Does it not have a downside to be so avaricious? I’ve watched a man drown himself looking for submerged treasure. I have seen another so overburdened by gold, that he could not out run his killer.

I’d just like to say, be cautious when you accept Greed's Embrace.

From this I get 3 possible things for downside, either:

1: Cannot use off-hand or/and Main-hand

2: negative life regen

3: negative movement speed/always cursed by temp chains

(or well, a combination of 2 or 3).

Hoping for 50 IIQ though I know its not likely.

You could do 50% with something like:

10% IIQ and 20% IIR gained for each additional member in party.
Each player in the instance take 10% of total party (output ) damage as additional damage taken with no mitigation, dodging or evasion.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Conduct wrote:
...I’d like to talk about greed. There is always such a need for more in this world it seems. I say it is fine to embrace that, hell I’d say it is your right as exiles to take anything and everything. However does that greed take away from the everyday life that you live? Does it not have a downside to be so avaricious? I’ve watched a man drown himself looking for submerged treasure. I have seen another so overburdened by gold, that he could not out run his killer.

I’d just like to say, be cautious when you accept Greed's Embrace....

It has been fantastic to get a sneak peek at the process of creation and the community interest in new Unique. This, combined with Charan's recent rant post got me thinking... Charan is right in saying that the point of a unique is for them to be able to do something no rare could achieve. People automatically assume that this 'thing' is a positive. Conduct's sneeky peeky reminded me that Greed is often seen as a curse rather than a blessing. As a veteran of AD&D 2nd Ed I have more than a little experience with 'cursed' items in RPG's and the problems inherent in getting rid of/letting go of them. So to that end...

Have you considered asking GGG if Greed's Embrace could be a unique item that could not be stashed? You can pick it up, you can trade it, you can wear it, you can carry it around with you or you can vendor it... But you can't leave it where someone else could take it from you.. After all, all these exiles are thieves that would take your precious from you...
The Templar kills for Faith - The Shadow kills for Money - The Duelist kills for Fame -
The Marauder kills for Pride - The Ranger kills for Survival - The Scion kills for Attention (Emo much?) ...
and the witch...
She kills for Revenge ... tbc
more teasers pleasee!!oeneone11!1one
My bet is:
- all +IIR turns to +IIQ
- Your IR = 0 (you can find only white items)
ing: Storm_Gaze
Looks and im sure it will be apsolutly great!!!

Thanks for supporting all of us and GGG <3.

GG GGG!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
LeMing wrote:
My bet is:
- all +IIR turns to +IIQ
- Your IR = 0 (you can find only white items)

Considering that AFAIK currency item drops are not affected by IIR , but are by IIQ, this chest would be pretty good for currency (and item bases) hunting.
I dont think its gonna happen though, you can get way too much IIR. Not that I would mind...
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 28, 2015, 9:47:07 AM
"
Conduct wrote:
This is just a small teaser for my upcoming unique.

I’d like to talk about greed. There is always such a need for more in this world it seems. I say it is fine to embrace that, hell I’d say it is your right as exiles to take anything and everything. However does that greed take away from the everyday life that you live? Does it not have a downside to be so avaricious? I’ve watched a man drown himself looking for submerged treasure. I have seen another so overburdened by gold, that he could not out run his killer.

I’d just like to say, be cautious when you accept Greed's Embrace.

I hope you guys find a use for this. I'm sure I will.

Spoiler

I'd like to thank GGG for the opportunity and especially Nick who was in contact with me and helped with any and all questions I had.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT ANOTHER UNIQUE CHESTPIECE :(
Please share more details :)
u still save all the golden plates u get to chance after patch
Last edited by cavespro on Feb 1, 2015, 4:31:44 PM
"n% increased quantity of items"
"1% less movement speed per occupied inventory space"
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info