Help With My Tornado Shot Build

Hi Everyone,

I have been following Neversink's build guide for the Tornado Shot ranger and have come to what feels like a plateau with my DPS. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I need to just upgrade my gear, but it seems that other people I see in the forums are using Infractem or much lower DPS bows than myself and are still hitting at least 10k DPS with Tornado Shot. Currently I am stuck around 5.7k DPS and I struggle to try to get it any higher. I currently have just enough currency to buy Drillneck, but hesitate to since it is expensive and I am not sure how much DPS it will add. How much DPS will Drillneck add if I upgrade to that? Here is my current build tree and gear, any advice is greatly appreciated:

Gear

Hey man I am no pro but I am familiar with his guide and I see some principles you can apply here from it.

1) Upgrade your gloves to maligaro's to get crit chance, multiplier, and attack speed which will all boost dps. Gloves are an important part of dps (from guide).
2) Fill the lost life and resistances from gloves using jewellery. I would say replace the 2 rings with life + res rings to get it back up. 2 rings will life should also net you more than your gloves so you will have defense boost too.
3) Get mana leech on one of your new rings so that you can regret all the mana leech nodes (3 total) and put them in the nodes to the right of Lethality (that should give another 32% crit chance and 16% multiplier).

For the price of a drillneck you should be able to do all of these if not cheaper and still have spare. This would roughly raise your crit chance another 82% and like 50% crit multiplier (from gloves and regret mana leech nodes). Is this better than a drillneck dps I am not 100% sure, but with drillneck you need to fill a gem slot with pierce gem and get pierce node cluster to really capitalize on it so my answer is this approach would be better than drillneck at current moment.
OK, great. Thanks for the advice. I posted this in Neversink's guide as well and it seems increasing crit is the answer many people are giving me. I do have some rings with life/resist, I just use these current ones for the MF. Thanks again!
Ah, that IIR in your 5th link sure isn't helping. Just switching that for added fire or critical damage would add quite a bit of damage. You can't be surprised your dps is low in comparison to the ideal if you're basically running a 4L.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 27, 2015, 2:17:23 PM
Yeah, I forgot to switch out from my MF gear before posting. The numbers I posted were with my crit dmg gem and gear. I did some upgrading today based on the recommendations here as well as on Neversink's thread. I crafted my first 6L as well which I am psyched about. It only took me 23 fusings! Here is my new gear. As of now I am around 11k sheet DPS without any charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info