Using Kaom's Heart with non fire build?

I found a Kaoms heart in torment league the other day (so it's not the legacy one) and here is my situation:

1. I don't use a fire skill but have 6-link wep, and all sockets I need for CWDT set ups, auras, and curses.
2. I'm already well above resistances cap, still capped with ele weakness maps
3.so I thought why not use a kaons heart because I die most to reflect and big hits, I have enough armor and
Even wearing a lightning coil or 1.9k armor 105 life chest I die more without kaons (been testing this week)..
This is because I only die with huge hits or reflecting crits which kaons greatly helps with
4. I got a belly of the beast 5 link but I just use random skills on it and don't need the gem slots, don't need
The resistances as I said, and lose almost 900 life by using this instead of kaons.. It also has less armor overall
So not helping on that front.
5. I have enough currency to trade for anything I want for my build and my gear is at a very good place so selling
Kaoms doesn't have much of an advantage.

So after all this even tho I'm not usinf a fire skill I keep,going back to kaoms cuz IT keeps me alive the most - is this affair judgemnet guys? I lose defences I need in all other ways but using other chests because of the types of threats that actually kill now is mostly solved by high health pool.. It also scales well with my passive tree because of the high life% I have.

But the +fire skill% feels like a waste and annoys me that its not used, does anyone ever see non-full Fire builds make use of kaons?

Last edited by Beanbear2000 on Jan 26, 2015, 3:30:05 PM
If it's better , then it's better. just ignore the fire damage multiplier. It solves a hell of a lot more problems for you than "not" using one modifier.
Kaom's is opieop dude, use that shit. Or sell it and make bank for an even better chest.
Too. Much. Clutter.
I find you can never have enough sockets.

- If you're melee, are you using counterattack gems?

- If a spellcaster, do you have a high-level CWDT or two? I'm personally fond of Cold Snap + pen + proliferation but there are countless other good options

- If you're using heralds, are the supported by something other than reduced mana?

- A high-powered curse link to power through bosses?

I'm running a dual Doryani's build, and even with two extra four-links, I still find myself wishing I had another four-link or two somewhere in my gear.

Also, last I checked, Kaom's isn't worth all that much these days?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 27, 2015, 9:42:04 AM
advice : CWDT ( lvl 1 ) + ball lightning ( lvl 1 ) + blind ( lvl 20 ) + knockback ( lvl 20 )+ gmp on chest. On a 6L, you can add frost wall. OP as fuck for defense.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jan 27, 2015, 9:52:02 AM
Just put it on. Many Kaom users do not benefit from that bonus fire damage anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info