So more uniques incoming...

"
yungwhiz wrote:

When did this change? I swear to god you argued against a real trading system because bots would control it or something.

Well, it happened to every single recent game with an AH.
Any automated system WILL get used and abused by botters/scammers, using third party software, because some people decided to make a living out of video games.

This is the sad reality of today's world.

And when D3 had a few reliable ways to farm gold, there's no reliable way to farm orbs in PoE, due to the heavy layers of RNG piled up one on another.

But anyway, I don't see why we're discussing so much about this, GGG doesn't seem to listen at all, as pointed out in Charan's post.
I can't wait to see Act4, with the same mistakes all over again, the usual top builds destruction coming with each major patch, the galore of bad uniques, the new 1-in-100 super-rare good unique, and the usual grinding from scratch "because-a-little-power-creep-from-time-to-time-is-bad".
I'm so fed up with rerolling and leveling in this game, whatever the new content... espcially when most builds never reach endgame without 2 or 3 specific super-rare uniques.
"
tienbasse wrote:
espcially when most builds never reach endgame without 2 or 3 specific super-rare uniques.

That is patently false.
"
Xtorma wrote:
completely balanced unique

Sapphire ring

-30% cold resistance
Can't be sold, dropped or traded.
Adds 1 space to personal inventory

Requires level 101.

When I read the +30 cold/-30 cold, I laughed so hard, then I saw the rest and I could barely breathe.

ROFL

t4t :D
"
Barivius wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:
especially when most builds never reach endgame without 2 or 3 specific super-rare uniques.

That is patently false.

Let me rephrase since I wasn't very clear.
You CAN reach endgame (with a lot of patience, as I've done in this league), but you'll never be efficient at farming endgame, which is the bone of such a game.
Please browse the forum, there's a handful of builds, at most, not requiring specific combinations of uniques. And each major patch, instead of expanding build options for more fun, just resets them. Sad evolution for a game... and total lack of reward psychology.
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:
especially when most builds never reach endgame without 2 or 3 specific super-rare uniques.

That is patently false.

You CAN reach endgame (with a lot of patience, as I've done in this league), but you'll never be efficient at farming endgame, which is the bone of such a game.
Please browse the forum, there's a handful of builds, at most, not requiring specific combinations of uniques. And each major patch, instead of expanding build options for more fun, just resets them. Sad evolution for a game... and total lack of reward psychology.

This is still patently false.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
bredin wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:

That is patently false.

This is still patently false.

B.

I would agree with the "patently false" part, if there was no sheep mentality among players that just want to feel extremely OP. The expectation is build upon that if you are not extremely OP, you are doing it wrong.

Though, I am not saying the poster is correct on that notion, but I cannot deny the existence of players having that narrow mentality of how the game should be played.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 27, 2015, 7:24:52 PM
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
tienbasse wrote:

That is patently false.

Name your 2-3 uniques. I'll rattle off 10 more. You are talking out of your ass. I've done it all, done it many different ways, done it fast, without going nolife. I'm not some unique snowflake either.

Enjoy only playing low life spectral throw since is clears a gorge 14 seconds faster than some other build you dont hold in high regard.
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

However, if uniques aren't determined individually per item dropped, and instead is per mob killed, or GGG starts adding more than one unique to a base item (ala Occultists Vestment) then adding more uniques doesn't change the overall drop rate, but the chance of getting a specific one does go down.

That was precisely my point, but I dont know the mechanics enough to be sure :p

Would be the most logical way to generate uniques imho, and that's why I asked this :p

the drops roll rarity first, so you kill a mob, it rolls to see if you got a unique, a rare, a magic or a white item. If it rolls unique then it rolls within the table of unique items that can drop in that level of zone. This means that every time they add a unique that can drop in that zone your chances of getting a unique dont change, but your chances of getting a specific unique do go down with every new unique added. As viperesque says...

"
viperesque wrote:
I'm fairly sure I read/heard somewhere that they periodically increase the unique drop rate to compensate for the new uniques being added, so the rarity of any given unique doesn't change much. I can't find a source though.

I also remember reading this, when they last buffed unique drops they talked about how they increase the overall unique droprates by small amounts regularly to offset the fact that adding new ones reduces the overall chance of finding one in particular.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

However, if uniques aren't determined individually per item dropped, and instead is per mob killed, or GGG starts adding more than one unique to a base item (ala Occultists Vestment) then adding more uniques doesn't change the overall drop rate, but the chance of getting a specific one does go down.

That was precisely my point, but I dont know the mechanics enough to be sure :p

Would be the most logical way to generate uniques imho, and that's why I asked this :p

the drops roll rarity first, so you kill a mob, it rolls to see if you got a unique, a rare, a magic or a white item. If it rolls unique then it rolls within the table of unique items that can drop in that level of zone. This means that every time they add a unique that can drop in that zone your chances of getting a unique dont change, but your chances of getting a specific unique do go down with every new unique added. As viperesque says...

"
viperesque wrote:
I'm fairly sure I read/heard somewhere that they periodically increase the unique drop rate to compensate for the new uniques being added, so the rarity of any given unique doesn't change much. I can't find a source though.

I also remember reading this, when they last buffed unique drops they talked about how they increase the overall unique droprates by small amounts regularly to offset the fact that adding new ones reduces the overall chance of finding one in particular.

Thanks a lot for the anwser :)
GOod hunting everyone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info