So more uniques incoming...

"
You know what? Fuck this

My favorite read within this thread...
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 26, 2015, 6:58:09 PM
I don't think there's been any indication from GGG on how uniques are generated, or their drop rate. If I were to speculate, it's tied to the rarity of the item, and done individually as each item is generated/dropped from a mob. (this makes sense to me as a mob can drop more than one unique)

As it is, only a portion of all the base types have a unique associated to it. If GGG keeps with that trend, and drop rates aren't changed and the rarity is determined individually for each item dropped, then I would say the overall drop rates on uniques goes up, but the chance of getting a specific one stays the same.

However, if uniques aren't determined individually per item dropped, and instead is per mob killed, or GGG starts adding more than one unique to a base item (ala Occultists Vestment) then adding more uniques doesn't change the overall drop rate, but the chance of getting a specific one does go down.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
zbouby25 wrote:
= less chance to loot valuable ones ?

Can someone confirm (or not) this ?

Lol. That is game mechanics. U need luck% to get unique, and then u need luck% to be good one. Lets say 100 uniques can be dropped in 66 map and 150 in 78 map. In 78 map u have less chance to get good one ... more items in pool.
"
"

Yeah more uniques Kappa
Vendor trash items lollelelelel FrankerZ Keepo Kippa
Get Gud TSM

Such a shame we'll never see one from you. I bet it'd be fucking amazing. Completely balanced and not overpowered or game breaking at all, because every post I've seen from you indicates nothing but a deep and thorough understanding of...

Yknow what? Fuck this.

You just keep on bitching on and we'll just keep on pitching in.

I actually had a very good idea for unique item ! This item could fix the desync with single attack but ggg said tis too OP and not going to make it real . Btw you sound a bit mad :^)
I'm fairly sure I read/heard somewhere that they periodically increase the unique drop rate to compensate for the new uniques being added, so the rarity of any given unique doesn't change much. I can't find a source though.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
"
Conduct wrote:
Well as far as I know, one of the upcoming uniques is mine.

I don't know how adding more uniques changes the loot table, if at all, but we will see.

IT BETTER NOT SUCK OR I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE LOTS OF REALLY ANGRY POSTS ABOUT IT!

Spoiler
that was surprisingly hard to do on tablet.

You're scaring me Charan @_@
completely balanced unique

Sapphire ring

-30% cold resistance
Can't be sold, dropped or traded.
Adds 1 space to personal inventory

Requires level 101.

"

I actually had a very good idea for unique item ! This item could fix the desync with single attack but ggg said tis too OP and not going to make it real . Btw you sound a bit mad :^)

Think I remember the thread you laid out your design plan in:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1175221/page/1

A shame it wasn't implemented :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 26, 2015, 9:20:06 PM
"
"

Yeah more uniques Kappa
Vendor trash items lollelelelel FrankerZ Keepo Kippa
Get Gud TSM

Such a shame we'll never see one from you. I bet it'd be fucking amazing. Completely balanced and not overpowered or game breaking at all, because every post I've seen from you indicates nothing but a deep and thorough understanding of...

Yknow what? Fuck this.

You just keep on bitching on and we'll just keep on pitching in.

As always, charan, a hallmark of civility and enlightenment.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Like it matters wether your chance to get a good unique is 0,00000001% or 0,000000015%, lol ... most players will never see a T1 unique drop, and that's a very good thing. Keeps the game interesting, and you always have something to strive for.

Beside that, even the shitty uniques give nice Alc shards. Gimme gimme gimme

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info