1.3 Perma Freeze Glacial Hammer mara Video added. *Work in Progress*

Disclaimer: This is a work in progress, feedback is appreciated. I need find recording software that is less demanding, than fraps before I can upload videos.

It might be better to be a Templar or Duelist, I made a Marauder because I don't like how tiny the duelist is, I like how large the Marurder is and I've made too many Templars this league.

Video

I was lucky enough to roll, ee & monster life and curse immune, so the clear speed is slower than it normally is, somehow the audio got out of sink, so I slapped on the file closest to the length of the video.

Video

Current gear

Im not currently using herald of thunder, its just being lvld atm.

In a 5l add Cold penetration, 6l melee phys or weapon elemental, you can drop prolif if you want higher damage but the ability to freeze everything on your screen is worth the damage lose in my opinion, only thing that cant be frozen easily is high hp rares/bosses which aren't near other packs, which vaal groundslam makes short work off.

A 250-300dps rare 1h mace will be fine until you can afford a catalyst or a good rare sceptre, you can go RT before you get some good accuracy on gear.

Cold leech corruption on the eclipse isn't needed but you do want to get one eventually, I would use an atzri belt if I didn't have one.

Doedre's damning will suffice before you can afford a windscream, i'd recommend being RT and respeccing into crit once you upgrade your gear. Poachers or warlord's mark are needed inorder to sustain the manacost, since mana-leech is insignificant with 75% cold conversion, Poachers mark also increases your chance to hit by a fair bit.

Currently sitting on 4.5k hp, abyssus isn't that big of a survivability issue atm due to the proliferated freezes, devourers are a pretty big issue though, since they hit you before you hit them if they're by themselves.

I might drop the counter attack gems. Because they barely proc due to the freeze I plan to use riposte when I have open green sockets.

Vaal Ground slam is incredibly strong and very underutilized, originally I intended to use vaal haste, but this is definitely better for the build, because glacial hammer is on the lower end of the damage scale, and this gives you an easy way to deal with: exiles, bosses and large ele-ref packs.
Once you try it out you won't be able to go back, trust me. Conc effect would be better, but I enjoy seeing the larger aoe.

Gear updated

Decided to test out soul taker, It removes the problem with the mana intensity, allows you to run more auras, which in my opinion is better than the block & damage from a prismatic, only downside is that getting one with cold leech is gonna be quite expensive to corrupt.

Preface
I've been playing multiple cold casters, this update which has made me quite fond of the freeze mechanic, I wanted to do a perma-freeze build, after some thinking I decided on glacial hammer, because I've played a lot of casters this league and wanted to be a melee.

Introduction
Content

What to expect from this build?
In Construction

Gear choices.
In Construction

Gems & links
In Construction

Last edited by Lyrannikin on Jan 28, 2015, 8:40:11 AM
Reserved
Hey,

I am new to the game, so probably can't offer advice, but I have been desperately searching for a 2H Glacial Hammer build. Haven't found one for 1.3, but I really like the Glacial Hammer skill. Once you have vetted this some, I am going to try it. Can't wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info