First Build

Hi i made my first build for Duelist to dualwield swords and i want to ask you all to tell me what is wrong with this build and how can i make it better and make higher dps and attack speed if someone could help me chose gems for my build, type of armor and other parts of equipment

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5Hb2BmSuE2cqQZU29Nkd-vqdXlwvBYEE67TXvgUHBiyFgsHNEnr_VQzHT_AlY26djcOcP3L0xsMv11FIwfH8rd9dW-hR1GNt08QIRo-dE0gMnZ4CoB220tfKpbngNvooB3DIJcmxsRv4K2L01kqZXTeP-j_JFOuFo8q9sTP88Lcautz5boKdVfA5DyPe-bpfynKcwAec26FivFE0Ykbyf_EuCB_JB0iGezRuqFHHZfGMX137BB4E68loQ8O_j037veu4OG60DhwAGFfZieVuvOd1D5-SxQKCWdHxLGF087w==
Last edited by Sepiro on Jan 26, 2015, 8:39:39 AM
Hi

I'm no pro, but I've had a look at your build compared to other, similar builds.

Firstly, get more life. You want around 130%-150% increased max life. The 5% nodes on the Constitution cluster are nice, but Thick Skin gives you the same amount for 4 points + chance to avoid status ailments.

Secondly, mana gained on kill is nice, but you won't feel it on higher levels because it doesn't scale. If you're aiming to have a large health pool (which you are) anyway, you can run whatever skill you're using on a bloodmagic gem and you've got life leech to get that back anyway.

Thirdly, you've got somewhere around the 450% increased phys damage on that build, but if you're not gonna survive the first hit you take you're not gonna do that damage. Maybe spec out of some damage nodes and use the points towards Armour/Evasion, maybe pick up Iron Reflexes. I know, more damage is always nice, but for your first build I would aim towards 200-300% increased damage because you won't notice the difference until you're level 75-ish at which point you'll probably want to try something new anyway.

Whatever melee skill you end up taking, pick up Herald of Ash or Herald of Ice (I know Ash is preferred by many people, I like both) for a nice damage/clear speed boost.
I try to make all corrections that you told me if there is something else to change in my build or if there is enough speed in my build and tell me and how can i improwe it you could also change it yourself and post it here

upgrated tree:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5Hb2BmSuE2cqQZU29Nkd-vqdXlwvBYEE67TXvgUHBiyFgsHNEnr_VQzFjcOcP3L0xsMv11FIwfH8rd9dW-hR1GNt08QIRo-dE0gMntfKpbngNvooB3P4K2L01kqZXTeP-j_JFOuH3vm6X8pynMAHnNuhYrxRNGJG8n_xLG6oUcWMX137BB4E68loQ8O_j037veu4OG60Dh0CgYEteE3rvJ9UFLUp945-Hdmeg_MUOPBQgXz_vDjpSC2F5aMEE9kjEWGjyr2xM_zwtxq63PqQZtiwl3xv6tkFOKimlGj58uCkuU6UMXxynp1V8DlBH

Last edited by Sepiro on Jan 26, 2015, 10:36:33 AM
Much better. Now you've got a decent amount of life, a reasonable amount of defense and still pack a punch.

I've cleaned up a few areas where you can save some points.

Tidy tree

I wasn't sure why you held on to Sanctity and the Mana regen in the Templar area so I've taken it out and spent the points on Fatal Blade for more damage and crit. If you find yourself lacking mana for some reason you still have access to Mana Flows, Druidic Rite and Versatility.

At this point you might want to consider what kind of equipment you intend to be using

The Wiki gives you a handy overview of the kinds of Swords there are and what requirements you need to meet for them. Generic Swords tend to require both Dex and Str but relatively low amounts while Thrusting Swords (foils and rapiers) only need Dex (of which your build has plenty). If you don't want to use Thrusting Swords then maybe you'd want to think about speccing out of the right hand side of the skill tree which is more dex heavy and instead investing it into the left side which is more strength based. Then think about what skills you want to be using. If you're aiming to use things like cyclone you'll need the dex, and the wiki will help you determine how much you need.

There is no guarantee that the above skill tree will be 100% perfect, in fact, I guarantee that it wont, but that's something you can only find out through playing the character and seeing what works and what doesn't. For example your build completely misses out resistances and you might find yourself lacking those in the late game when you were fine through normal and cruel. Also, Iron Reflexes is only useful if you end up equipping mixed armour/evasion gear, so if you're going full Armour you won't need IR at all and you should also think about speccing out of any evasion nodes and allocating the points somewhere else.
Last edited by eluec5 on Jan 26, 2015, 1:04:17 PM
Last edited by Sepiro on Jan 29, 2015, 7:27:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info