Toffer's Tornado shot puncture/Burning arrow trap Ranger

Hi, I decided to post this build thread, due to a few questions about my build.

Info

Keep in mind this is NOT a hardcore viable. You will die to reflect if you dont play carefully.

Build

My current gear which has a total cost of around 500 ex, pumps out 124k tooltip dps on tornado shot linked with GMP. That is with Auras and 4 Power charges and 3 Frenzy Charges. My Burning Arrow trap has 223k tooltip. I made a little change, removing the frenzy charges from the tree, as charges in general isnt good for atziri/uber.

without Acuity

The only change between the two skill-trees is that I drop two 30 int nodes. And Vaal pact. This allows me to grab the Thick skin cluster, which boostes my survivability quite a bit.

With Acuity

Bandits

In normal help Oak for 40 max life.

In cruel, Oak, Kraityn and Eramir are good all options.

In merciless help Alira for an Extra Power Charge.

Gear
Spoiler

On gear try to focus on getting Crit multi/Added phys/crit chance/Accuracy/wed for dmg.
And Ele resists/life/Evasion for defenses. Movement speed on boots are also a good bonus.

Flasks

For flasks I would focus on getting atleast one insta heal flask, with Hallowed or Divine base. A flask with removes bleeding. And a Quicksilver of Adrenaline, this is the core flask for insane clear speed.

Gem links
Spoiler

6 Link Bow: TS-GMP-Phys Proj dmg-Faster Attacks-Added Fire-Pcoc
6 Link Chest: Puncture-Trap-Phys Proj Dmg-Point Blank-Increased crit dmg-Added fire
6 Link Chest: Burning arrow-Trap-Phys Proj dmg- Trap and mind dmg- phys to lightning-WED
4 Link helmet: Blood Rage-Enhance-increased duration-Vaal haste
4 Link boots: Immortal Call-Enduring Cry-Cast when Damage Taken-Increased Duration
4 Link Gloves: Hatred-Herald of Ash-Herald of Thunder-Reduced Mana.

If you got a fair bit of WED on gear, you should use BA trap, otherwise stick to Puncture trap.

In both 6 links you should try to use the same gems as I do. But in the 4 links you can expirement what you like the most. I personally use Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice, since the added lightning damage that you add to attacks, can shock on crit, which gives you 50% more dmg.

Maps

Before getting acuities, stay away from reflect maps. After getting acuities, you can do all maps but blood magic easily.

Atziri: With my current gear, I crush normal Atziri. I first tried atziri with 21k dps, and downed her fairly easily.

Uber Atziri: With my current gear it should be fairly easy to down her, with a good play. So its more than possible to do Ubers without acuity. You just need to dodge her flameblasts, and praise the gods to not get one-shotted by her spears.

Thanks

Thanks for reading my build thread. This guide is not meant to be in depth, it's made so I don't need to tell everyone all about my build over and over again :)

Thanks!
Ze Toof
Last edited by Tofsy123 on Sep 6, 2015, 7:13:54 AM
up
Ze Toof
bempido
Ze Toof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info