When will the new meta-game arrive?

"
Boem wrote:
It also has little to do with the "meta" assuming 77 and 78 maps with 100% or more modifiers on them.

Which is where the lack of build diversity and options for players are really shining.

And this is it for me: Because you want to be able to do that with your build, you dont want to find out after 80 levels that your build isnt actually the real deal, that is frustrating and unfun.

Maybe we just need just a few more Skills or builds to make it feel enough diverse, but atm a lot of players (it seems yes?) feel forced into a certain spec because they want to reach endgame and see whats there.

Im not even sure if its supposed to be like this, or if its just a trend.
Last edited by voodoojin on Jan 26, 2015, 10:50:15 PM
only melee should be able to deal a critical strike

problem solved
Let the games begin
Add an attack/cast speed modifier (say -1%) to each crit node. If you want to crit, it's going to take extra time (no different from lining up a headshot). Insert a surgeons affix that relates to RT.

While I find it faintly ludicrous that a spell can crit (oh really? You cast that room-filling flameblast at my sensitive cojones?!), I can live with it generally, and don't find RT builds that bad, but the surgeon's thing has got to be addressed. Ideally not by just removing it.
"
whineston wrote:
only melee should be able to deal a critical strike

problem solved

This is actually a great idea. Especially with the melee being nerfed all the time.
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_
Math is a hard beast to beat.
Why add things up (normal way) when you can multiply? (crit way)

There is really no way around it, unless you limit the multiplier somehow. Harder done than said.

OR

GGG could implement "crit cooldown".
Seriously, crit nodes are not really free, i have like 20 points in most of my crit toons just for that, maybe up to 30 if there's lot of travel.

Yes they are the best damage wise. But you need crit gear, and crit nodes and a lot of that to be effective (can't really play with 30% crit chance if you want any kind of consistency...).

But man 30 points and like 10 or 12 affix on gear? That can be a shitload of defense/hp or magic find.

I think I wouldn't go crit if I was playing hardcore, i think that I would be better going non crit for a MF char, and I'm not sure if I ever try to reach 100 if this wouldn't be better with a non crit super tanky char before respec into crit for the fun of it.

So yeah crit is for damage, which is number one priority for most people because it's more fun. Doesn't mean it's unbalanced to me and need more nerfs.

For sure if you wanna look at the dpsmeter only, going heart of ice and shit like that (which might be underpowered) is not the way to go. Doesn't mean you're forced into crit because what's the point of dps when you're already obliterating stuff?
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jan 28, 2015, 5:08:53 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Add an attack/cast speed modifier (say -1%) to each crit node. If you want to crit, it's going to take extra time (no different from lining up a headshot). Insert a surgeons affix that relates to RT.

While I find it faintly ludicrous that a spell can crit (oh really? You cast that room-filling flameblast at my sensitive cojones?!), I can live with it generally, and don't find RT builds that bad, but the surgeon's thing has got to be addressed. Ideally not by just removing it.

This.
"
Boem wrote:

--> how much fun would that other build be right now
--> how much xp would that other build have by now
--> how much loot would i have gathered on that other build by now

pretty much sums up my feelings every time i play a non-crit build... but oh well. maybe they could start by removing status ailments from crit?
Oh god more talks about crit being superior, I thought the nerfboards are done with this topic after they demolished crit builds at 1.3 cutting most DPS by a long shot? The responses here so far are just suggestions on how to flat-nerf the concept again. Anyways, from my own experience, the dumb changes they make every patch that's totally unnecessary and made me retire my RT Duelist:

Normal Leech does not queue anymore... there's no way to facetank a hardhitting mob from your Tanky Character as you will not survive at all, I tried this as my Domination Duelist can easily tank Palace dom, now its just impossible.. then after this shit, Acuities was released LOL, pure genius.

Armor doing absolutely jackshit on high level maps, notice everyone uses Coil to actually mitigate phys, right, lets nerf that as well.

TERRIBLE pathing along the duelist corner as a collateral damage from their attempt to kill off their mistake on MC (spawning blood magic lowlife builds). Also lack of maximum resists on the tanky side of the tree.

And finally, brilliant unique ideas that are "balanced" to uselessness that supports the core of an RT: BoR, Soul Taker, Kaom's Heart etc.

Imo, if it wasn't for these direct/indirect factors that affect the common non-crit guy, RT would really be a second option that people would go for in-case crit is not their taste. But atm, the current state of them non-crit builds is just crippled so hard. And the tradition is nerfing everything that works: this won't force a meta shift towards anything, it would honestly just force people to quit as seen in the last major patches.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
^Crit is superior when compared to non-crit builds.

Both on EHP and DPS and that's just a flat out bad design. That is to say, i have no issue with crit builds offering more dps if it actually was detrimental to there ehp factor, which it currently is not.

Surgeons flask offer the best protection at end-game vs elemental spikes/damage.
surgeons coupled with "phys to elemental" conversions offer better ehp buffers then armor could hope to attain.
Permanent freezing with a simple hatred/HoI offers insane EHP boost's.
Killing enemy's faster in this games design, again, offers a serious layer of protection given the spiky nature of a single end-game hit. "Can't touch this" is one of the best defenses available to an exile.

So there are a few options

1) make crit no longer superior in dps but keep the ehp beef provided by going this route.
2) keep crit superior in dps but destroy its EHP component.

Both are valid ways to make non-crit "on par" with crit builds again and provide a serious question to the exile when he is considering "what route will i go with this build/skill-set".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info