New Orb: Orb of Transference

I propose a new orb to make item drops possibly more useful and also item upgrades more intresting:

Orb of Transference (Or something like that)
- Transfers mods from one item to another item.
- The mods from the original item are lost (the item could even be destroyed in the process)
- The item must have the same base-type
- The target item must have sufficent itemlevel to contain the mods
- Rarity around regal maybe? One could possibly have two versions. One for items under the level of 50 and the other for better ones.
- Does not work on mirrored/corrupted items

Found a good armour with a poor base? Just transfer those mods to a better base and you have your great armour. Found an astral plate with nice sockets, but it is just white? Transfer the mods of some good armour to it and voila.

More use for drops -> less useless stuff.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Found a good armour with a poor base? Just transfer those mods to a better base and you have your great armour.

Sounds pretty cool, but I definitely think this orb would be more valuable than a Regal.
We already had this suggested many times before and what GGG gave us was the eternal orb. Dont ask for orbs they will never do because theyre too OP...oh wait, we already have those damn mirrors, never mind then...
This idea is related to the Diablo 2 item upgrade ideas, except instead of upgrading the amazing mods to the next tier, you'd be able to jump several, move sideways, or etc.

My guess is that the D2 related idea, if allowed to only upgrade 1 tier, would be much more limited. With such restrictions being potentially necessary for such a thing to ever see the light of day.

This isn't a bad idea, it's been somewhat popularly suggested trend. But things do need limits, and I'd be tempted to say "think smaller".

Spoiler

An example of how and why this unrestricted form is powerful, imagine merging an amazing set of mods with a 6L. Others might pay 20 ex to 6L an amazing item. But not every 6L is valued at 20 ex. Or, this would probably have some significantly large economy implications in many areas.

"
This idea is related to the Diablo 2 item upgrade ideas, except instead of upgrading the amazing mods to the next tier, you'd be able to jump several, move sideways, or etc.

My guess is that the D2 related idea, if allowed to only upgrade 1 tier, would be much more limited. With such restrictions being potentially necessary for such a thing to ever see the light of day.

This isn't a bad idea, it's been somewhat popularly suggested trend. But things do need limits, and I'd be tempted to say "think smaller".

Spoiler

An example of how and why this unrestricted form is powerful, imagine merging an amazing set of mods with a 6L. Others might pay 20 ex to 6L an amazing item. But not every 6L is valued at 20 ex. Or, this would probably have some significantly large economy implications in many areas.

Hmmm. One orb for all transfers is a bit problematic in terms of balance, this is true. Fortunately this is not the only way to go now, since we have masters.

How about this:
- No special orb, but rather a master craft.
- Place the item you want to transfer mods from and select "transfer"
- A second item slot appears next to the first one, where you can put the item you want to transfer to mods to.
- After placing the item, you see the price for the transaction
- If you choose to craft it, the other slot disappear and you just have the new item.
- Price would be determined by:
- The number and links of sockets on the new item -> jewellers, fusings (but should always be a lot less than the linking/socketing price)
- Number and level of mods -> alts, chance orbs, regals, divines and even exa
- Change in the base item level -> multipliers

Could be a level 4 or 5 crafting mod so that you could use it before late-game.

For not so powerful items this would be very feasible, but for those godly items the price would be a lot higher (less than their value though.)
"
Cipp wrote:
"

Spoiler

Hmmm. One orb for all transfers is a bit problematic in terms of balance, this is true. Fortunately this is not the only way to go now, since we have masters.

How about this:
- No special orb, but rather a master craft.
- Place the item you want to transfer mods from and select "transfer"
- A second item slot appears next to the first one, where you can put the item you want to transfer to mods to.
- After placing the item, you see the price for the transaction
- If you choose to craft it, the other slot disappear and you just have the new item.
- Price would be determined by:
- The number and links of sockets on the new item -> jewellers, fusings (but should always be a lot less than the linking/socketing price)
- Number and level of mods -> alts, chance orbs, regals, divines and even exa
- Change in the base item level -> multipliers

Could be a level 4 or 5 crafting mod so that you could use it before late-game.

For not so powerful items this would be very feasible, but for those godly items the price would be a lot higher (less than their value though.)

By being able to vary the price, you can potentially balance some of the issues. But by just limiting the orb, it might be easier to implement. I like the general idea of upgrading an item 1 tier for continued use while leveling, and then resetting it back for the next char, even though this would be more expensive over time than just have 2 separate weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info