Reddit

Reddit has to be the least innovative and user friendly forum ever created. Using reddit is a chore. I guess I will never be nerd enough to be comfortable with that heap of a site.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
GingerBeast wrote:
I live under a rock:

How do I Reddit? Good places to start?

It seems like all of the actual information is posted on there anyway.

It's a site filled with subforums ran by whoever created the sub forum and whoever they appoint as mods. Meaning you will pretty much run the gambit on good and absolutely awful forums.

Most of the time the mods have some kind of shitty agenda and will prune posts and threads they don't like, or enforce tyrannical rules. The post system have like a point system that bumps threads up to the top, so if the community there doesn't like what you are saying they will downvote your thread into oblivion, so even without mods it can be bad.

Then you have the polar opposite,/vg/. Which has virtually no moderation, or system to downvote posts, and is completely anonymous. Which means real discussion CAN happen but almost always lost in a sea of trolling and just shitposts.

tl;dr everyone online community sucks for PoE

But...is it hardcore?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

But...is it hardcore?

Peace,

-Boem-

Of course it is - it's time consuming. I've heard rumors on these forums that time investment = hard core.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Boem wrote:

But...is it hardcore?

Peace,

-Boem-

Pretty sure reddit is SC territory. Official forums lean SC, /vg/ has a mix and they constantly banter.
I must admit, this thread was far more helpful than I had hoped it would be.

Thanks for the input.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
Moonyu wrote:
I went.
I saw.
I shrugged.

I heard
I never went
I lived happily ever after
Reddit is better than official forums. Even Chris agrees with that and prefers reddit's system over official forums.

In reddit, you don't have mods that hunt you down.

In reddit, if you insult/swear or do anything that would usually get you put on probation, it will simply be ignored or downvoted and hidden.

In reddit, you can have a real discussion.

In reddit, good posts will rise to the top while bad posts will sink like a rock.

Official forums have fail forum rules which enforce no witch hunting, protecting scammers and the likes of those. Reddit will name and shame them to protect the community.

The first page of general discussion is plagued by whoever comments last. The front page of reddit is ranked from the most popular post where it is refreshed through decay.

I'm noticing a lot of bias here on the official forums, which is obvious considering where we are. If you want a real discussion, reddit is the place. If you want only quality content, reddit is the place. The official forums are horrible imo. One of the worst forums i've encountered.

If you don't have the time to sort through all the junk to find meaningful posts and discussion, then you should check out reddit.

GGG members who have reddit accounts can reply directly to comments regarding certain topics, and discussions can often follow with the most sided questions being shown at the top and trolls being hidden.

Nevertheless, reddit isn't a perfect place. The PoE subreddit has a lot of people who dislike pretty much everything and will downvote and hate for no reason.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Jan 27, 2015, 10:13:59 AM
"
Skyforth wrote:
Reddit is better than official forums. Even Chris agrees with that and prefers reddit's system over official forums.

In reddit, you don't have mods that hunt you down.

In reddit, if you insult/swear or do anything that would usually get you put on probation, it will simply be ignored or downvoted and hidden.

In reddit, you can have a real discussion.

In reddit, good posts will rise to the top while bad posts will sink like a rock.

Official forums have fail forum rules which enforce no witch hunting, protecting scammers and the likes of those. Reddit will name and shame them to protect the community.

The first page of general discussion is plagued by whoever comments last. The front page of reddit is ranked from the most popular post where it is refreshed through decay.

I'm noticing a lot of bias here on the official forums, which is obvious considering where we are. If you want a real discussion, reddit is the place. If you want only quality content, reddit is the place. The official forums are horrible imo. One of the worst forums i've encountered.

If you don't have the time to sort through all the junk to find meaningful posts and discussion, then you should check out reddit.

GGG members who have reddit accounts can reply directly to comments regarding certain topics, and discussions can often follow with the most sided questions being shown at the top and trolls being hidden.

Nevertheless, reddit isn't a perfect place. The PoE subreddit has a lot of people who dislike pretty much everything and will downvote and hate for no reason.

Not this name and shame thing again...

So according to you it would be ok if my town would shun me from all events and throw garbage at me and such even if i only stole a candy cane when i was a little kid. This example is the equivalent of the name and shame people do everyday. Its not helping anyone either, besides, there are always 2 sides of the story and you want to believe the victim more than the alleged scammer who could be the real victim.

Its called being biased dear, you are doing it and so is everyone else.

Besides, what you think might be a good post might be a bad one for someone else, so this whole post of yours is highly subjective. If we could vote on comments here we would have 2 sides of people only upvoting their own side and downvoting the other. Im sure thats whats being done on reddit too. It has been done on any voting system.
Whatever floats your boat. I'm only giving that as an example.

I use official forums a LOT too. Frankly reddit is still better for real discussion.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Reddit is good for :http://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/new/
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info