DW phy cleave build idea

i made a little build about DW cleave ranger and wanted to have your opinion about it. my first few character have always been DW cleave because i find it really fun to play and i made a new version of it.

so the idea around it is using acrobatic and phase acrobatic for evade/dodge spell+projectile(ondar's) and since this will end up with next to no dmg reduction,i will use immortal call with inc duration+6(+2 from tree +1 bandit) endurance charge to make me immunite to physical for a decent amount of time.i also get 26% block(well a bit less since acrobatic lower block by 30%) from DW(15%+6% from passive+ 6% from BOR) that also help mitigate dmg. BOR mean no chest so less resist and hp.i got 16% all res from tree, 222% life and i could get another 24% all res if my 6 endu charge are up.i also got 4.8% life regen + 2% life leech from tree and il try to get lot of leech from gear to get insane hp/sec.overall,for the defence stats it should be pretty damn impressive with all that dmg mitigation from block,evade,projectil and spell dodge,good life pool+leech/regen.

for the attack,i grab some good DW nod dmg and resolute tecchnique make me able to ignore all accuracy nod.i wont be able to crit but without RT,it would take way to many skill point to get accuracy+crit.im not sure what dmg i will have in the end but it should be enought imo.BOR will also be a easy 7 link to help pushing the dmg.
for the skill,i will have cleave+blood magic(conc effect or inc area if you can use it on mana)+fire dmg+multistrike in BOR( so +meele phy dmg+faster atk+blind)

aura i will use reduce mana +hatred (or grace) +herald of fire +herald of ice

whirling blade+curse on hit+vulnerability+blood magic (apply curse and avoid stuff)

for 2x 3link on weapon:

immortal call +inc duration+BM

enduring cry+spell echo+Blood magic.

overall il generate my endurance charge with enduring cry+spell echo for fast 6 endurance charge, use immortal call when needed(or always,not sure how much time it will stay up).using whirling blade to apply vulnerability for higther physical dmg that also make leech more effective.got a 7 link cleave and mana reserved for aura.all active skill link with BM since mana will be all reserved.

so that the overall build im going to try atm.seem like a overall good and fun build that rely on every defencive mechanic possible (well almost) and should have decent dmg.cleave is not the greatest skill and the area is a bit small but i enjoy this skill a lot.

here the tree:

bandit reward:+40 hp + phy dmg +1 endurance charge

if you got any suggestion or build improvement, dont hesitate to say it.

p.s: build might lack int(only 30 from tree) so need int from gear and might need to grab the +30 int nod near resolute technique.if you need to drop some nods since my tree is for end-game,can drop +life since we will get a good amount already

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jan 30, 2015, 4:56:25 PM
I bringer of rain is nice but your gonna need hp. eventually you will get hit. A pack of multiproj void bearers will jack you up as well. I don't recommend grace because u will need to learn to keep immortal call up 100% so grace is useless. Maybe Haste to move attack cast and leech much faster.

I'd use enfeeble instead of vulnerability

I'd use this tree. You just dont have enough hp for melee.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-uu967g6jiiP2jX1NkjB8UUeNvwW1OkJLeN2oMHHUI7TFwuydqmKsbIztQaZ_tUhtbDY9sbMWvyaVYeIs6b6nGbTK02VNvTZHfoTZSsi18m6q2L01koTvdO167wUtYEthIRLh_gq3PsauPC3E9nKp9zJ82eoYdqzPfq2N2WHkUVBH7w4UIF8_Sn3jn4d2Z6D8xVb6VUsB3OLq3Q2-ingNqW7-j03jplc64fJFMZ6sqlnzwBoaOJBVJy8czj0PK1ANzf5U6NabJs96shkyAWHrelOFUpd5m2qLTygq
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
YeahPete wrote:
I bringer of rain is nice but your gonna need hp. eventually you will get hit. A pack of multiproj void bearers will jack you up as well. I don't recommend grace because u will need to learn to keep immortal call up 100% so grace is useless. Maybe Haste to move attack cast and leech much faster.

I'd use enfeeble instead of vulnerability

I'd use this tree. You just dont have enough hp for melee.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-uu967g6jiiP2jX1NkjB8UUeNvwW1OkJLeN2oMHHUI7TFwuydqmKsbIztQaZ_tUhtbDY9sbMWvyaVYeIs6b6nGbTK02VNvTZHfoTZSsi18m6q2L01koTvdO167wUtYEthIRLh_gq3PsauPC3E9nKp9zJ82eoYdqzPfq2N2WHkUVBH7w4UIF8_Sn3jn4d2Z6D8xVb6VUsB3OLq3Q2-ingNqW7-j03jplc64fJFMZ6sqlnzwBoaOJBVJy8czj0PK1ANzf5U6NabJs96shkyAWHrelOFUpd5m2qLTygq

You do NOT need 290% life, ever. Those voidbearers will definitely pwn you if you cant damage them for shit. Even 9k life will be oneshot at some point. For melee anything 200%+ is good. 230%+ if you have no damage avoidance and are a 2h build. The rest goes into dps.

@Zakar, going crit with swords is perfectly viable. Take a look at this tree:

I recommend using abyssus + belly with this.

If you want to do RT, then duelist/marauder is recommended. Try this:
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
did a little update on the tree,gain 8% atk speed by going a different way without losing anything.

you can remouve some point in life and go grab another endurance charge also.il test how much time i can get with 6 charge and if i feel IC doesnt last long enought,il go grab the other charge but that a 20% hp lost so....not sure

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jan 28, 2015, 11:38:25 PM
ok after some test, i dont recommand this build.i tried it on torment and stoped it at lvl 67.the lvling went pretty smooth and the kill speed/defence was good but when i hit the map,it wasnt the same.the kill speed is fine but the dmg taken spike way to much and gear need lot of ajustement.i havent started using immortal call wich was the core of the build so it might still be a decent build when using it but the skill tree is pretty strait foward and you cant skip anything almost so you end up with low life (i had 3k9 hp at lvl 67 with decent gear) and didnt even have RT yet or my 2 extra endurance charge....overall,mabey viable but i wouldnt recommand it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info