How strange.
Casually casual.

"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
RediusMaximus wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

You can't solo at 85+ unless you have A LOT of currency to blow on maps.

This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

Enjoy running those 75/76 when you are 90+ :^)

Haven't had a single character be able to sustain 77+ constantly without blowing exalts on maps, but I guess I'm the only one?

That's an entirely different matter, ofc you can't sustain 77+ maps on 77+ maps alone ~
"
mucker wrote:
I've stopped thinking of quantity as affecting map drops after all the white corrupted maps from cartos gave me as good returns as maps I spend currency rolling.

I've had similar experiences. I've run a lot of maps lately, and quantity had zero bearing on whether maps dropped at all, or were plentiful. If anything, packsize seemed to play a bigger role.

Btw, speaking of RNG bending your rear (hi Vagan!); I've been on a slump lately, still trying to upgrade the last pieces of gear I've used since a3cruel... So mostly chaining lower maps, farming alts (because you need thousands of those fuckers for craf... er, item lottery), finishing off a few chaos recipes. I had 2 full sets lined up, just needed rare gloves for both. But no such thing dropped. Plenty of rares, no gloves. Finally, after several (as in many) runs a rare glove dropped. Great, a chaos! I lined up a set more, still 2 sets just waiting for rare gloves. But the well had dried out. When I called it a day I had run 10-15 maps, only been able to finish a single recipe. So yeah, fuck you RNG.

I can echo Anuharts experience though. Now I've never seen a 76+ map in my time in POE, but I've seen plenty below; as it is now I'm bying Zanas maps and chaining those, half of the time unid, just to not have my meagre pool dry out. I average at 1-2 maps dropped per 3 maps run, most of those -level. Most of those run with quantity at least 60-70 and some WAY higher. My drops have been just as good in trans and go maps @ 20-30 as in super rippy shit @ 100+ (with one single exception out of 50+ maps(unid overgrown shrine with at least beyond and fracture, quantity about 80). Why waste the currency then?
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Amazing experiences in this thread, I have never ever ran out of maps below 77+ and even then very rarely. These days I tend to upgrade 3 into 1s to get more 77/78s.

I only chisel 77+ maps, but alc 100% of my maps and vaal around 80-90% of them. Only maps I don't vaal are nemesis/beyound or max roll pack size ones etc... for obvious reasons.

Have played Poe for around 2 years, never had problems with maps... I am mainly a solo player as well.

Maybe I just have a sick variance when it comes to map rng lol.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
I don't really think there is any case of 'bad RNG' here since the normal and expected outcome of a 100% IIQ map is 0 map drops, or a 66 drop.

I think the only thing you can expect is good RNG really.

Definitely not 0 maps from a 100% map.

For every x% increase in the Quantity mod, the average number of map drops increases by e(0.0052*x) times or for every unit increase in the Quantity mod, we augment the average number of map drops by 1.005. So for example, the average modifier for Quantity was 74.1 and the largest was at 144. So the average number of map drops with a 74.1 quantity (and none of the other significant mods) is 1.55 and the average number of map drops with a 144 quantity is 2.22.

From the 1000+ maps test last year: http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info