just curious

Its Australia day. In New Zealand? You guys too poor to have your own holidays?
Australia and New Zealand are the same place aren't they?

Spoiler
hehe
Forum signature
We have Waitangi day on February 6th, which marks the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi between the Crown (read: Them White Fullas from England), and the Maori people of Aotearoa (read: Tangata Whenua).

It's a day of horrific discord, racial tension, and bitter animosity - if you watch the news. In reality its usually a good day to kick back, have a BBQ, or head to the Wellington Sevens to get pissed and perv at girls/guys in skimpy costumes.

It's also Auckland Anniversary day today, so expect to see the JAFAs out in full force online, and it was Wellington Anniversary day last week - hence why I was leveling a new character.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 25, 2015, 2:33:05 PM
"
We have Waitangi day on February 6th, which marks the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi between the Crown (read: Them White Fullas from England), and the Maori people of Aotearoa (read: Tangata Whenua).

It's a day of horrific discord, racial tension, and bitter animosity - if you watch the news. In reality its usually a good day to kick back, have a BBQ, or head to the Wellington Sevens to get pissed and perv at girls/guys in skimpy costumes.

It's also Auckland Anniversary day today, so expect to see the JAFAs out in full force online, and it was Wellington Anniversary day last week - hence why I was leveling a new character.

So, is there a place the english folks didnt invade and drive out the natives?
"

So, is there a place the english folks didnt invade and drive out the natives?

They kind of tried, but that was after the Treaty was signed. Usually not a good idea to get embroiled in a guerilla war with experienced combatants when you're used to being able to line your troops up into neat rows.

Essentially, the English were afraid that either the Dutch or the French were going to be able to lay claim to the country before they could, so they busted ass drumming up support for a Treaty with most of the North Island tribes, then took it on a roadshow until they got enough support to tell the Tulip munchers and Cheese eating surrender monkeys to bugger off.

Of course, it all went a bit tits up. We're slowly making amends for that...
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 25, 2015, 2:46:25 PM
Still think New Zealand is too poor to have they own holiday.

Not that you would catch Bex, Kieren or Yaren working today....
^ well you can't expect them to work at the weekend can you?

I love the weekends,

we can write about whatever [removed by support] whiskers on kittens [removed by support] completing the dovetail joint [removed by support] Back in the USSR.

Forum signature
New Zealanders celebrate Australia day as there's more kiwis living in Australia than in New Zealand.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

More sheep than people in New Zealand. A Scotman's paradise.

Spoiler
I'm only half Scottish. So I only love half the sheep. You know, the pretty ones.
^ The front half or the back half?

Forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info