Make spectres level scale up with area level

Spectres level should go up as you go to higher level areas.

The old argument against this was that spectres are already too strong and don't need to be stronger. However this is invalid now that burning miscreations, evangelists and chaos bears are no longer what they used to be. In the current meta most summoners I see don't even use spectres.

Spectres take links and support gems and as such need specific chrom setups. This means usually you dont just casually change from one type to another (like going from evangelists to titty bitch for example). And because you are set up for 1 type of spectre the current system punishes you if you use something that is not readily available from the highest level areas.

There are many mobs/combinations that could potentially be interesting to use but just plain impractical because you would be dealing with mobs that are 15-20 levels lower than the maps you are running. Even if you can luck out and get some in a high map they will only last till you log or they could just be killed off.

Anyways I could rant on but this is already tl;dr. Its a simple suggestion that is purely a quality of life increase for summoners and really only has upsides, is not op etc.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why does it even scale with zone?? When you raise sceptre in 78 map why doesn´t it stay like that in any zone? Would be much better... Way it works now I could not kill normal vaal with lvl 79 rofl, it doesn´t make sense at all
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Jan 25, 2015, 10:50:16 AM
"Optimal" should be hard to reach with any strategy/build. The game puts limits in place, like this limit to make it something you have to consider a variety of responses to.

This is just another "the game is made too hard, so I want you to make it easier" thread.
"
Why does it even scale with zone?? When you raise sceptre in 78 map why doesn´t it stay like that in any zone? Would be much better... Way it works now I could not kill normal vaal with lvl 79 rofl, it doesn´t make sense at all
The fact that it does not scale down is not as much of a problem in my opinion, its more that it does not scale up. But I do agree its a punishment that has no real purpose.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"Optimal" should be hard to reach with any strategy/build. The game puts limits in place, like this limit to make it something you have to consider a variety of responses to.

This is just another "the game is made too hard, so I want you to make it easier" thread.
This is such a BS response. I am definitely not the kind of person who just wants to blindly buff things and make the game easier. Current summoner meta does not involve spectres. Aura stacking SRS users will continue to dominate. All this will do is give the old school summoners some more interesting options and quality of life increase.

I agree that the game needs limits. But This one is 100% pointless. The best spectres (evangelists) also happen to be one of the few monsters you can raise from the highest level area. So you are punished twice for trying anything else really. So many other interesting monsters and setups are suppressed because of this useless restriction.
Last edited by Splift on Jan 25, 2015, 11:56:35 AM
That's not correct. Spectres do scale down, but they do not scale up.
And yes, not scaling down would be a problem. Even Uber Atziri is no match for level 100 Undying Evangelist. This scenario will happen if Spectres don't scale down.
Sounds like something for a Vaal Spectre.

Levels with the zone. Leaves a corpse. Has a set duration, but can be resummoned from that corpse.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Starxsword wrote:
That's not correct. Spectres do scale down, but they do not scale up.
And yes, not scaling down would be a problem. Even Uber Atziri is no match for level 100 Undying Evangelist. This scenario will happen if Spectres don't scale down.
I worded my last post wrong but you can see what I meant. And how would getting a level 100 evangelist be possible with this? I think you don't understand the suggestion.
Scaling up will cause all kinds of problems, and scaling down is absolutely necessary to prevent insane exploiting with spectres. TBH there are probably ways to exploit the scaling down that people aren't aware of, but since NOT scaling them will make the situation a million times worse that's just how it has to be.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 31, 2015, 11:27:48 PM
I'd rather like to see a "revive Spectre" gem somehow implemented, maybe even as a support gem.

I like the idea of hunting for spectres in maps, but I never got into spectres because replacing them seems like such a huge hassle if I don't want to be stuck with level 67s.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
I worded my last post wrong but you can see what I meant. And how would getting a level 100 evangelist be possible with this? I think you don't understand the suggestion.

Your opening post suggestion is fine. Spectres scaling up to zone level would be a nice Quality of Life improvement. I made a similar, but different suggestion on the Raise Spectre section.

To answer this part, considering that Desecrate summons level 100 corpses, if Spectres won't scale down to zone level, you may end up with level 100 evangelists or any other high end spectres. This would be a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info