Fps drop in half since a week ago

I've been playing with vaal spark recently and everything was fine up until about a week ago when I got a message from Nvidia GeForce experience saying "Game optimized" mid-game.

From that point on, more often than not I get down to 2 fps while using vaal spark (was at 40 before, with fracture mobs and a crit cast) and went from having 250fps in town to about 110-125.

I've been trying to change things to get back to the level of FPS i had before, no luck.

Lowering everything to the minimum doesn't improve the FPS, they stay exactly where they are at 125 fps in town.

I need help to make this game playable. I was planning on making a CoC build, but now it'd be out of the question.

cpu: i5-4670k
gpu: GTX 770
ram: plenty and fast enough
SSD with 550ish read

EDIT: I'm considering uninstalling all my graphics driver, uninstalling PoE, running CCleaner in the registry or using a driver removal tool and installing barebone drivers from 1-2 versions ago and no geforce experience. Problem is, I didn't have this problem in the past year of using geforce exp... so yeah..
Last edited by Charja on Jan 25, 2015, 12:42:15 AM
It might be forcing it's own settings.

Try opening up GeForce Experience and going through your games list, you should be able to manually change POE settings to "Fastest" or "Use Application Settings".

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago when it decided that I could run the game in @ 1600 with everything maxed. Obviously it doesn't care if my knees melt off.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
It might be forcing it's own settings.

Try opening up GeForce Experience and going through your games list, you should be able to manually change POE settings to "Fastest" or "Use Application Settings".

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago when it decided that I could run the game in @ 1600 with everything maxed. Obviously it doesn't care if my knees melt off.

Problem is, I was running it 1080p 250 fps with everything maxed before this thing happened, so I don't know what it could have changed to make it drop like this.

I've removed it from "installed games" and uninstalled CCleaner reinstalled it, still same FPS. I also went in the Nvidia control panel to remove everything it could have done to no avail.
Hmmmmmm.

Any problems with other games? Have you benchmarked your card lately?

Can you post some DxDiag for the brainy people to look at?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Remove driver with Guru3d tool, reinstall, make sure your GPU driver settings make sense

250 FPS does not make sense btw...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info