Personal Gripe: Vagan is Unlikeable

This is entirely a personal issue, and I don't know how many people agree with me, but I find Vagan to be rather...unpleasant.

When I started encountering Masters, they came off as these brave souls who stood up to Dominus and were exiled for it, badasses who look death in the eye and tell it to get lost. People at the top of their craft. Masters, in other words.

Then I met Vagan.

The first thing Vagan said to me was that if he won, he'd kill me, but if I won, pretty please don't kill him. He then proceeded to mock me even after I tore him limb from limb, and every subsequent time when there's a timed mission in particular. Vagan just comes off to me as a condescending coward, and out of all the characters on the side of the Exile, there are few as unpleasant for me to deal with.

On the other hand, if this was intentional? Good job, GGG! Well-written.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
He is the epitome of everything Duelist's are intended to be.

Useless.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Personally, i like the varied personalities the dev's have given the masters. And the VA work.

Only thing i -dont- like about the masters these days is the element of timed missions. Really hoping that they decide to remove that soon, or in the 1.4 update

And duelists wouldnt be useless if they would get a proper power-up that all melee characters desperately need, and have been needing for a long, long time :P

And even w/ that being said, my duelist isnt completely useless. Can still run map content reasonably, though w/o him getting a major buff as a front-line fighter, i dont think he'll ever be able to run atziri.
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

Last edited by Wolfarus on Jan 24, 2015, 9:49:02 PM
I like the voice acting for him.

But he's pretty much a lunatic that attempts to kill you over and over. Why can't we just kill him off finally and take his loot? His vaal lightning killed off my duelist previous league in beyond.
I think that's part of what he's supposed to do. I mean his missions are literally you beating the crap out of him every time you see him. If he was nice, noble and just, it wouldn't be as fun to crush him. If it evokes thought and feeling from the player, it's probably well done haha.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
Vagan's actually one of my favorite characters. His manner of speech is very similar to how people actually talk here in Australia and he comes off as very friendly. His "mocking" isn't intended to be offensive, but it doesn't surprise me people from elsewhere intend it as such.
Go and sell stuff to Tora , I mean what a bioch. Also none of them impress me too much. they show up in your maps, stand there while you kill everything around them, then can't bother to go do their own dirty work.

tora is great at killing deer, hell she can even kill one in the library....

and if you do what they want enough times...they will sell you stuff. Not even give it to you for all the risk you took doing their jobs.
Last edited by Xtorma on Jan 25, 2015, 12:19:31 PM
But he is the last earbender. You have to like him
IGN: smexylolrus
Hi

I love duelists but Vagan he is no duelist HE CHEATS. The only master I never bother with because he is so ridiculous in his damage capabilities and regen/leech, melee is never that stronk.

GGG NERF THE SHIT OUT OF HIM PLEASE.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I love duelists but Vagan he is no duelist HE CHEATS. The only master I never bother with because he is so ridiculous in his damage capabilities and regen/leech, melee is never that stronk.

GGG NERF THE SHIT OUT OF HIM PLEASE.

cheers

Vagan is equipped with flasks. Most of that "regen" is him healing himself.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info