freeze mechanic

hi have some question about freeze

i got a incinerate build, now i got 25% shock, 10% ignite, 10% freeze

im working on a 6 link cloak of defiance and im thinking about added cold damage for my 6 link with 20 quality it add 10% freeze.

1: With 14.5 cast per sec and 20% freeze (no crit) will i be able to freeze and chill mob and or boss.?you guy think added cold is it worth it ( i know other gem like added chaos do more dps)

2: can i freeze and shock at same time?

thx a lot

Freeze depends on your cold damage in relation to monster health. Maybe if you add in Herald of Ice you could get some freezes in against white mobs. At the very least you would chill them (which isn't so bad either). Bosses and rares might be difficult either way though; in for context my 3-dragons static striker deals around 4,000 damage per hit, has lightning penetration, and 60% increased freeze duration from the tree, and if I freeze a map boss it'll be for less than a second.

You can apply all three status effects in one hit if it rolls that way and the initial damage of each element is enough.

If you do want freezes, my suggestion is to clear out a four-link CwDT setup with Cold Snap. I had it set up like this:
Highest-level CwDT - Elemental Proliferation - Cold Penetration - Cold Snap

You'll freeze the screen fairly regularly with this setup as long as there's trash mobs around. As is usually the case with freeze proliferation however, if you're facing against a lone map boss or rogue exile with no mobs around, it'll only be useful for chilling (again, not useless by it's self).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 25, 2015, 9:03:56 PM
well i use herald of ice but after what you say i think i will just put add chaos damege for more dps

thx for anwser

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info