1.878.261.902 Crafting: can have multiple mods problem

Crafting: can have multiple mods is selectable even if the item has not enough free affixes

I would not say this is a bug, but a really major annoyance. If you want players (especially the ones who dabble in crafting) happier, you would apply some improvements to this "problem".

As you can see on that screenshot, the Corsair Sword had 4 visible mods. To the "normal" person this looks like as if that item has 4 affixes. So I thought well, then I can pay 2 exalted orbs (which I think is still quite expensive as a non-pro-gamer) and craft speed and a bit higher critical chance on it. Well it did not work: I could craft the "can have 2 mods" on the item, but after crafting one mod on it, it says, that it has no spaces for more mods. 2 exalts for nothing - well bad luck.

Don't take this as whining. But as an improvement please show somewhere on the crafting bench, how many affixes the item already has, when you place an item into the bench. And best of all would be: if an item has already 5 affixes, the "can have multiple mods" should not be selectable.

[Optionally]: if an Item has a can have multiple crafted mods, you can craft 2 mods on it, even if the item already has the maximum number of affixes. But I think this could be quite imbalanced and not as easy to control how strong an item would become then. I think the other suggestion would be enough - although (as a player) I would welcome this option.

best regards

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
yes, we need an in-game way to see how many mods an item has, feature has been requested many times

but, in this specific case:

you have a sword with 4 clearly visible mods

you craft "Can have multiple Crafted Mods" which is 1 mod

you craft "Attack speed %" which is 1 mod

4 + 1 + 1 = 6

the outcome was easily predictable
Can have multiple crafted mods.... counts as a mod. Oh man.
Reeeeeeeeeeeep 2ex
Last edited by Kricys on Jan 24, 2015, 2:16:37 PM
Really? can have multiple counts as "affix"?
Then it is even more worthless and can only be usefully applied to items with only 3 affixes for the cost of 2 exalted orbs - which would, if applied by themselves, give 2 affixes and you could craft another on top. Ok you can select what you want on the item, but mods from exalteds can be "better" than anything you can select during crafting (or often really crappy and who can afford all those eternal orbs)...

Hm. Crafting sucks a bit as it seems at the moment to me. Well nonetheless, a visible affix counter display on the bench would still be a real improvement to it. That I think, we agree :-)

"
Really? can have multiple counts as "affix"?
Then it is even more worthless and can only be usefully applied to items with only 3 affixes for the cost of 2 exalted orbs - which would, if applied by themselves, give 2 affixes and you could craft another on top. Ok you can select what you want on the item, but mods from exalteds can be "better" than anything you can select during crafting (or often really crappy and who can afford all those eternal orbs)...

Hm. Crafting sucks a bit as it seems at the moment to me. Well nonetheless, a visible affix counter display on the bench would still be a real improvement to it. That I think, we agree :-)

It's often used on items with only 2 affixes, actually.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 25, 2015, 4:19:31 PM
I did the same thing as the OP and then questioned global why I couldn't add another affix, nobody at the time could tell me/did know that 'can have multiple mods' is affix. 2 exs is a hard way to find out.
Is this how this issue is being addressed? Insisting that the mod itself counts as a mod? Then that should be taken into consideration when highlighting if the mod is applicable to the gear. The crafting bench shouldnt allow you to waste 2 exalts if it then cannot fit TWO mods (if it's counting itself) on said gear. (edit: actually maybe it already does this.) I basically did the same thing though not knowing that i was gonna waste exalts only to be able to put one mod on something that only started with 4. I dont care so much about the exalts. It's just pretty annoying and it couldve prevented any confusion by simply stating in the mods description that "This counts as one mod" or something.
Last edited by Agrumh on Jul 27, 2015, 2:21:52 AM
I think the usual way to use this is to alt a piece of gear until it has one or two, but not more, desired mods, then regal it so it has 2 or less ideally 3 mods. Then you apply the Elreon mod and craft other desired mods (3 or less ideally 2).
While the mods are not as powerful as what you CAN get with an exalt, you can be sure to get what you want instead of risking getting +1-2 fire damage.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
What a lame crafting system
Yes, crafting benches definitely need a display to show how many prefixes/suffixes an item has. No real need to specify WHAT they are... But it should show how many are available.

I'd also go as far to say that each OPTION LISTED in the bench should also specify if it is a "prefix" or a "suffix." This would ALSO make sure that no one would mistake thinking that metamods don't consume an affix slot.

"
2 exalted orbs (which I think is still quite expensive as a non-pro-gamer)

If you've reached the endgame where you'd want to be using a crafting vench (and have leveled your masters to 8) then one likely would've already found a couple of exalts... And would likely be in the range where spending exalts on gear is likely not that far out of the question.

Given the potential results one can get with a multimodded item, (see the bottom of this post) the high price of the multimod affix makes sense: that way it makes single-modding an potentially-affordable option that scales through the game, (with low-end ones costing worthless orbs, and higher-end ones only costing a few chaos that's well within a player's reach at the expected level it'd be unlocked) but costing an extra "surcharge" for that option of going for more than one mod.

Given that it's something you pay only once, and it's for an important payoff... It's pretty balanced.

"

Hm. Crafting sucks a bit as it seems at the moment to me.

Crafting hardly sucks... It's meant as a balanced alternative to "gambling" by using an orb directly. If it was too easy to produce endgame-level gear, there'd basically be no real economy in this game... And also remove a lot of the drive/excitement of great drops when they DO happen.

As for what you can get with it... Well, if you have the right base item to craft, it can certainly yield some decent results. While I didn't make this bow myself, (I bought it for 10 exalts) it shows what a good multimod craft can produce:

Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info