did Merveil get nerfed?

"

Too bad they didnt revert her back to old merveil, way more pleasant to fight than the current OP shit.

The current fight is by far the most mechanically fun of any boss besides atziri. I really hope they keep it as is instead of listening to you whiners. Boss fights should be interesting and require you to move around, not be boring dps/gear checks like every single white mob in the game.
"
"
mucker wrote:
She got nerfed so hard when the new leagues started, the heirs have been gone from the normal fight since then. The fight was so awesome now it is super weak. I guess it is a racing thing? Everything in normal has to be balanced such that you can beat it 8 levels underleveled with gear you picked up on the way there.

Too bad they didnt revert her back to old merveil, way more pleasant to fight than the current OP shit.

on normal I dont really see any difference in difficulty between the old (pre-redesign) version and the new one. theyre both dirt easy.

maybe the new version is tougher if you dont have 60+ cold res, but I never do her without at least that so...*shrugs*
"
"

The current fight is by far the most mechanically fun of any boss besides atziri. I really hope they keep it as is instead of listening to you whiners. Boss fights should be interesting and require you to move around, not be boring dps/gear checks like every single white mob in the game.

Its not a "boring dps/gear check" for me. Its that gear check now, not enough dps, too bad, gotta git gud and deal more dps to kill her faster because if you take longer than 10 seconds she spams statues and pillars.
[Removed by Support] after the rework she is fkcign strong now
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Jan 24, 2015, 3:10:18 PM
"

No love for Vaal or Dom? Merveil is pretty much countered by using a cold flask. The main thing you have to dodge is the ice rain. The rest of the moving is to chase her down when she blinks away.

Of course you can evade a lot of her other attacks if you need to, but being able to rely on a cold put to absorb a significant amount of the damage and her lack of a "gtfo or die" attack makes her much more of a 'boring dps/gear check' than the other act bosses.

Still a fun fight though.

Also are the two unique adds that spawn the same as the daughters from caverns Wrath/Anger? Pretty sure they have different names and they seem to die a lot easier. Would be cool if in Merc they were Merv's daughters.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
I don't even remember Merveil's old incarnation. What did she do? Did she even do anything?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
No she still summons her heirs.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Who's Merveil?

Oh, you mean Mr.Evil?
Casually casual.

"
Ninja nerfs on the prowl again eh?!

They call it stealth nerf these days.^^
"
"

It's kinda hard to move around when you have 5fps. So it's still a boring dps check, hoping you can kill her before your pc melts.

Inb4 blah blah potato blah...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info