my second-ever attempt at Atziri

"
Kricys wrote:
On mobile so I can't really peek at the entire tree. First problem i saw tho was the weapon. Lioneyes crit is just far too low do a crit build and well, non crit is le suck. Old faithful can't really keep up with a half decent harbinger with crit. It seems you're going for phys crit. Alphas isn't necessary when all you need to run is hatred, ash and herald of thunder/curse on hit/ assassins mark. You'll have enough mana left over to sustain nado shot with 2% leech somewhere.
Rats nest is really nice, good crit and ms. Quivers nice. I'm a fan of the boots.
Aside from that your jewelry is holding the deeps back quite a bit. You pretty much want diamond rings and flat phys on both. Missing out on phys crit and multi on ammy as well. All the increased phys you're getting from the tree won't be doing its work without lots of flat phys on gear.
Crazy mirrored gear isn't needed for atziri.
I'm the ele version with windripper and I can clear the place in 5 min. I went the brute force route and just kill the bosses during Vaal haste. Ubers another story, I'm uhh workin on it.

Lioneye's Glare is a bow I won't give up.
it was the ultimate Open Beta dream item, for good reason: speed. dps. 100% chance to hit and still be able to crit. its only downside, is reflect - which is now a lot more manageable with that insane flask RNG just gave me.

Windripper is king now, but I have no access to those types of bows.
and the kind of Harbinger Bows I can get my hands on - even if I wanted to replace Lioneye - are much slower, hit for much less, and lack the accuracy.

thank you for your advice, especially the rings part, but I have no wish to turn my character around 180%.
I just want to get some more survivability and damage output. make my Ranger Atziri-viable, not necessarily an Atziri-one-shotting-farm-machine. not if that requires switching half my gear for items I can't even get.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 24, 2015, 7:49:01 AM
Your not going crit, that's why you have such poor damage scaling.

And even with 15-20k atziri is not a "walk in the park" with a ranger, you still need the movement and the reflexes to do it "just right".

If you would push up your dps, you would not be able to progress further since lioneyes reflect is gonna one shot you with TS/gmp.

I did her in the 1-week race with my TS ranger, first time i played TS, shit is insane imo.

Vs the trio = puncture + last-hit in the middle of the map. (this was one of your fails, reading how your fight went, you have to aim where you put them down, preferably walk across the center when they are about to die and then finish them off there so the cloud is centered and you can just puncture + run circles on the last melee dude)

vs atziri just put trap + point blank + puncture and whatever. then just throw traps and don't make mistakes on your movement patterns. TS should be roughly 12K to finish the healing phase. I don't think with your dps you can finish the healing phase without issue's, which again would extend the fight and increase odds of mistakes.

Peace,

-Boem-

For reference, here is my one-week gear.
Spoiler

edit : i think my puncture had roughly 28K and my TS around 16k

130% movement speed with a flask and around 3.5k life i think.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 24, 2015, 9:32:41 AM
obligatory motivational post to try again:

bought 4 tickets for atziri few day ago

Spoiler

feels above average
You can do it john!
We believe!
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Obligatory "hold hands and believe" post here.

:D

But seriously, she does get easier over multiple attempts. I still remember entering that atziri room for the first time and just being dazzled by all the effect's and cast's. Now i can remain calm in that room and finish it without a sweat.

So yeah, just keep going at it and figure out some strategy's that help/work for you.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
johnKeys wrote:

which brings me to the major thing that bothers me: the DPS check.
my Ranger doesn't have Atziri-viable DPS, to put it lightly...

Atziri is no dps fight at all, if you managed to get to her your char has more than enough dps.

"

... mistakes like killing one of the Vaals first and allowing the second to become crazy-turbo, because I couldn't DPS both fast enough.

Ok, when you don't have high dps you really shouldn't kill one and then move to the other. Of course it is still possible but now you need to hit and run a lot.

"

mistakes like killing 2 of the Trio at opposite sides of the arena, thereby leaving myself only a narrow corridor in which to fight literally a ton of constantly-spawning minions + an enraged Turbo Y'ara'az.

No matter how bad it gets there is always enough room to run around or kill adds for flask charges. Just wait until the enrage is over and kill the poor dude.

"

biggest cons of the entire run, were instant-heal, tainted ground, and Vaal's Ball Lightning.
instant-heal is a cheap, shameless mother-of-all-DPS-checks. when I kite all three down to their last hit-points, then only have the DPS to take one out (A'alai) and the other two insta-full-heal - that's a "what the fuck?" moment right there. my Cycloner had Culling Strike. my Ranger doesn't. and while I love the "enrage when allies killed" mechanic, I despise the instant-heal.

Just don't do it, kill one after the other.

"

tainted ground (trio) is a bad thing too. it covers so much of the screen, and deals so much damage (heck I almost died just running through the corner of it) - it makes kiting those enraged guys near-impossible. you cull, huge-DPS, face-tank, or you're screwed. that's wrong.

It is not hard to see and as I said before there is always enough room left. Of course if you run around like a headless chicken you're doomed.

"

GMP Ball Lightning? same thing. no one expects Vaal Oversoul to use that. it's cheap. I manually dodged countless Lasers, Slams and even Ice Rains during the long fight, but that attack which covers most of the screen and just destroyed me through capped Lightning Resistance? doesn't feel right. doesn't belong in a fight like this.

Let me guess you talk about 75% lol resistance?

"

so if you bothered reading to this point, I enjoyed the overall Apex Of Sacrifice experience.
got very close to getting past the trio and facing Atziri, with a character that's hardly Atziri-viable.
much of it is about skill, but some things just leave a bad taste.
if GGG could change these, and ease the RNG-lock you need to pass to access the zone, it would be better.

Or you could just grab some more life, more resists and learn the mechanics of the fights.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jan 24, 2015, 2:00:08 PM
I did few Atziris and just came to conclusion it's not worth it. You mindlessly farm for fragments, then you run the map, kill atziri, get a lousy flask and then start again farming content that poses no challenge.

Most trouble I had was seeing witch version holds the mirror. Killed myself on reflect a few times in first runs.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 25, 2015, 1:08:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info