Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

"
"
Barivius wrote:
I hear you. A $36 armor set is very expensive.

Still, that is almost their only revenue stream. Sure some people have tons of stash tabs, but 8 or 10 would probably cut it. You don't need more than 25 character slots.

I'd imagine if they sold "boosts" or if their pets did something they'd be able to charge less for the cosmetic stuff. Then people like me wouldn't spend another dime though.

Youre wrong, i do need more than 24 stash tabs, i got 39 atm and need 10 more already, speak for yourself please.

And boosts? Like XP and IIR/IIQ? Thats P2W and you know it.

If people are too cheap to P2Look good thats not GGGs fault. Its probably just some lazy guy who doesnt have a job and lives in his parents house because otherwise the MTAs are very affordable.

If the prices were lower we had a thread like "why did GGG go bankrupt in 2016? they had nice shiny effects", yea, not gonna get lower than it already is, so please OP, deal with it.

Dirk he said he wouldn't spend a dime anymore if they did boosts. He didn't say they should do them.

Reading comprehension fail. It means he doesn't support the idea lol
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on Jan 23, 2015, 1:00:18 PM
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
"
Barivius wrote:
I hear you. A $36 armor set is very expensive.

Still, that is almost their only revenue stream. Sure some people have tons of stash tabs, but 8 or 10 would probably cut it. You don't need more than 25 character slots.

I'd imagine if they sold "boosts" or if their pets did something they'd be able to charge less for the cosmetic stuff. Then people like me wouldn't spend another dime though.

Youre wrong, i do need more than 24 stash tabs, i got 39 atm and need 10 more already, speak for yourself please.

And boosts? Like XP and IIR/IIQ? Thats P2W and you know it.

If people are too cheap to P2Look good thats not GGGs fault. Its probably just some lazy guy who doesnt have a job and lives in his parents house because otherwise the MTAs are very affordable.

If the prices were lower we had a thread like "why did GGG go bankrupt in 2016? they had nice shiny effects", yea, not gonna get lower than it already is, so please OP, deal with it.

Dirk he said he wouldn't spend a dime anymore if they did boosts. He didn't say they should do them.

Reading comprehension fail.

I did understand that part.

Reading between the lines fail.
Personally I feel that the entry point is a little high on many of the items.

Take today's deal for example. Lightning Effect. 160 points (or $16). It's a cool-looking effect and would look good with my Static Strike build, but (and especially) because I dual-wield, I'd have to spend $32 to skin both weapons. That's just more than I'm willing to spend on cosmetic effects.

I think it would be great if they offered many more skin options, and at a lower price point. $5 for weapon and chest armor skins, effects, etc. $4 for Helms, $2-$3 for Gloves/Boots. I'd be far more willing to pick up some pieces at those prices.

To their credit, the fact that the skins are reusable, and not a one-time reskin is great. That makes the cost a little more palatable. The daily deals, while still beyond what I'd be willing to pay most times, are also a nice benefit/gesture from GGG.
The store is very expensive. I'd spend a lot more money here if they lowered prices. I just can't bring myself to spend more when I feel I'm getting a bad deal. I guess the whales are supplying enough revenue that they're comfortable with their pricing structure.

/shrug
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

Main thing IMO is that the leagues should be 4 months

Feedback from the community was the 4 month leagues were too long.

aaaand changing it to 3 didnt change anything either.
Rampage and Beyond were ghost leagues during the third month.
Thing is, people get demotivated to play when they know the league will end soon ™, I think what chris has done this time is the best.
Though while he didnt give a definite time, he said until act 4 which should be ready by april so we are kinda at 4 months again.
Try 2 months will be too short, people might not even be motivated to play it due to that.
try 3 months people leave by last month, try 4 months people leave by last month. It will always happen.
Oblivious
"
Personally I feel that the entry point is a little high on many of the items.

Take today's deal for example. Lightning Effect. 160 points (or $16). It's a cool-looking effect and would look good with my Static Strike build, but (and especially) because I dual-wield, I'd have to spend $32 to skin both weapons. That's just more than I'm willing to spend on cosmetic effects.

divine weapon effect ftw....works with both weapons!
My personal opinion on this mater is that the mtx effect's should be global.

Imagine a single armor set could be utilized on all and every character, now suddenly that price-tag seems a lot more reasonable.

I imagine it would also provoke a "collect them all" feel in the big spender crowd.

It would solve the mtx reclaim function and probably draw a lot of people over the edge to purchase some of these more expensive effect's. Currently a lot of the mtx seem fairly overpriced for a single use utility mtx.

I don't mind, i just wont buy a lot of them. However if they where global...i might have spend more cash on this game then i have and i imagine a lot of people feel the same way.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It's the age old question of high turnover with low profit margins vs low turnover with ridiculously high profit margins.

It's clear that GGG have opted for the latter which is strange because in all but niche luxury markets (i.e. when you're paying for the brand name and social status rather than some intrinsic value) the former is a much safer strategy.

Then again, mtxs in PoE do satisfy most of those qualities so ... *shrug*.
Every MTX I have purchased was in a sale. I would like to own more MTX but I feel they are too expensive for what they provide. As a solo player I disagree that expensive MTX give you a prestige over other players, I just want to look cool.
"
Every MTX I have purchased was in a sale. I would like to own more MTX but I feel they are too expensive for what they provide. As a solo player I disagree that expensive MTX give you a prestige over other players, I just want to look cool.

For what they provide? Theyre for GGGs income, their sole income. They should reduce the price a little on everything and remove the sales, that would be best as everyone only ever waits for sales otherwise so the normal prices arent actually that useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info