New Map Mods, Yay!!!

Ok, so not really, but I just got an idea - what if GGG added map mods that would effectively affect players instead of enemies? i.e. skills chain? multiple projectiles, increased dmg, life speed etc? Obviously it would have to be tailored a bit for players so as to not be too OP, and maybe it would reduce quantity...maybe severely...but it might help players that want to level or whatever. downside being it takes up an affix, lower quant..maybe reduced rarity too? just idea.

What do you all think?
"items drop identified" is a mod I've wanted for quite a while.
In my opinion:

- Monsters gives xx-xxx% additional experience
- Your skills chain x more times
- Player have level X [put random positive support skill] (example: level 10 Reduced Mana)
- Item rarity / quantity is incerased by xx - xxx%
- Player have [put random shrine] (imagine diamond shrine whole map *_*, would be realy rare roll)

There is many posibilities but maybe good option is:

Prefix: player based statistic
Affix: normal map statistics

Rolling prefix while transmut/chance/alch map is random, affix is rolled normaly like now. Can be max 1 prefix and like now, max 8 affixes (got this only one time while i vaaled alched map - love this achievement).
Last edited by datenshiddd on Jan 22, 2015, 7:54:36 PM
So i have to chaos every time a player mod lowers my quantity? No, ty.

Make some of them an expensive mod like Beyond, Rampage, Anarchy etc., that'd be fine. And fun, maybe.
Beyond mod IS FUN if you put it on map what already have beyond mod.

I done it one time on blue map with beyond mod + pack size. It was insane fun to sit in one place more then 1 min becouse beyond monsters was spawning one after another (pack size mod OP).

I am just happy that rng was good for me to not get hardest beyond bosses what i cannot handle with cycloner ;3
Anything that simply makes the map easier, or reduces quantity, no one will want, it'd become one more thing to roll past. What justification could you have for giving players free reduced mana with no downside?

Hmm, as far as something that changes the way players might have to play without necessarily making them much stronger, could be "All player skills are supported by L1 "Cold to Fire" and "Phys to Lightning". Giving all player skills some unexpected alterations, as well as 1.21x mana cost.

Better would be something that affects players and monsters the same way - monsters AND players skills chain. Other things that could affect players and monsters equally could include any of the projectile supports, or charges, or crit chance....This is the basic behind the Immolation mod too, which I think should be in the map pool as a rare mod.

Maybe players and monsters both gain significant ES boost (as per aura) but the monsters also get added chaos damage and chaos reflect.

For non-identical mods, how about: Players gain 20% move speed, and 10% attack/cast speed, but monsters all gain significant life regen?
"
Duradil wrote:
Ok, so not really, but I just got an idea - what if GGG added map mods that would effectively affect players instead of enemies? i.e. skills chain? multiple projectiles, increased dmg, life speed etc? Obviously it would have to be tailored a bit for players so as to not be too OP, and maybe it would reduce quantity...maybe severely...but it might help players that want to level or whatever. downside being it takes up an affix, lower quant..maybe reduced rarity too? just idea.

What do you all think?

agree
"Ok, so not really,"

Click bait at its finest.
Wow a lot of great ideas, but one thing I want is more variety of high end maps. Gets boring with all the same maps. Shrine or shipyard... Court or palace. We need moarrrrrr
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
I think the listed mods should have a random chance to appear on corrupted maps only, to avoid the issue of player rolling past them if they're low quantity, or rolling for them if they're high.

Maybe even have the mods occupy the implicit slot to further distinguish them from regular mods.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info