ok I am completely out of maps.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can throw me some advice on how to maintain a healthier map pool.

But let me clarify some stuff, I am a solo player, not by choice but most of my friends are not playing this league. 99% self found unless I really need upgrades to cap resists, hp, etc.

My map pool was "healthier" on my first char that ripped, it just went downhill from there.

Now, as a mostly solo and self found player, I can't really afford alching or chaos spamming maps, all I can do is altering maps to hope for the best.

It has to be a better way to sustain maps, what am I missing?
How can we tell you what you can do better if you don't tell us what you're doing?
Details yo.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
There is no such thing as "99% self found", either you trade or you dont. No in between. And if you run out of maps, play act 3 merc zones and find some.

If you have zana, buy some from her.
If you cant sustain maps, and a lot of people can't, then you must buy them. It's the way the game is set up to work.
"
mucker wrote:
How can we tell you what you can do better if you don't tell us what you're doing?
Details yo.

Details.. how else can i put it?

first off, map drops outside of maps have been ridiculous. Maybe it is just me but building a healthy lvl 66 map pool by grinding docks/catacombs or lunaris temple is almost impossible this league, i usually run 66s until i get a healthy pool of 67-68 (when i say healthy i mean about 5 extra higher lvl maps i can run) then repeat the same process until i fall out of the 70% exp range gain and move on to higher maps.

i just transmute/alt maps to get them to at least 30%+ and use Zana's map devices to squeeze out the extra 5-6% quality.

I dont think alching or chiseling such low lvl maps is a good idea. i only managed to save up maybe 8 ex worth of currencies between these two BL chars and two cloaks of defiances already took out most of those currencies.

so like i said in my first posy, alching or chaos spamming maps for me is just out of the question.
"
Xtorma wrote:
If you cant sustain maps, and a lot of people can't, then you must buy them. It's the way the game is set up to work.

this is what i am afraid of, with the currencies i am getting per map and the currencies i use to roll them left me almost nothing left to be able to afford higher lvl maps. lvl 71 maps are like 1c in BL if i am not mistaken.

This is no sob story about me being "poor", but i must be doing something wrong when i have to constantly fall back to 66-68 maps in hopes of getting higher lvl maps. which i usually dont
Lol and im vendoring 70 lvl maps :D shame on me)
Well,dont know what to tell. Unluck?:(
I find getting above 72 to be difficult at times but I have a full tab (that's 144 maps) of 66-70 by playing solo. I transmute and alt a few times to get some good mods then go on my way. This is my experience for the last 2 leagues as well. I don't think it's possible to completely run out of maps unless you are running them white. You just need to run more magic monsters or pack size. for 72+, I've been alc and go.
"
There is no such thing as "99% self found", either you trade or you dont. No in between. And if you run out of maps, play act 3 merc zones and find some.

If you have zana, buy some from her.

let me explain what i meant by 99% "self found". Trading is pretty much a chore to me, especially having to deal with the spam and sellers that cant decide what they want for the stuff they are selling.

For example, two of my chars are using cloak of defiance and AA as their main source of def and dmg mitigation, i can either keep grinding and hope a cloak to drop, or i can save up currencies to buy one.

other than that, all of my other gears are self found. Not top of the line but they kept me alive up to now. Resists are capped, dmg is ok for my standard so i am content with that.

Zana's maps are reasonable up to maybe 68? but anythig higher seem overpriced for 2 alchs a piece, where i can buy lvl 71 maps for the same price?

i know i can buy maps from other players, but is that really the only way i can sustain a healthy map pool?
"
Lol and im vendoring 70 lvl maps :D shame on me)
Well,dont know what to tell. Unluck?:(
i hate you, gimme some!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info