Guild Wars 2 for 10 bucks!

Gamespot's facebook notice app, managed to give news that were actually worthy of attention.

The coming weekend one of the best and highly praised mmos, Guild Wars 2, drops its price all the way down to 10 dollars!
Also a new expansion is getting its announcement somewhere in the next week.

I was really thinking about getting this game and now that it will be almost for free me and my gf are certainly gonna dive in its world.

This thread is a heads up to anyone who thought about doing the same but hesitated because of the price tag.

EDIT: I suggest this video review to anyone interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Jan 22, 2015, 4:09:13 PM
Does it have a subscription or just flat cost +ingame purchases?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Does it have a subscription or just flat cost +ingame purchases?

just flat cost, no sub. And that new xpac looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yUExT2SSA0

P.S. If you get caught cheating you get banned *gasp
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 22, 2015, 4:01:59 PM
How addictive is it? I'm already in counseling because of POE, I probably shouldn't overcommit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
i suggest we grab it while they are crazy enough to give it for 10 bucks guys...

check this awesome review by angryjoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Jan 22, 2015, 4:08:09 PM
"
How addictive is it? I'm already in counseling because of POE, I probably shouldn't overcommit.

It will consume you. If PoE is still doin it for ya stick to it. But for 10$, GW2 is a fkn steal
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

Well i cant say from personal experience but it is an MMO. So i guess it has a lot of time sink potential. Although they aren't one skill abuse or run/backtrack over and over again, so i guess those hours you will sink into it will not disappoint you.

Check the video i linked in the OP
I heard they're pretty well dicks about banning people over simple bullshit. I'm not paying somebody $10 for them to turn around and dictate behavioral terms to me.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 22, 2015, 11:49:54 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I heard they're pretty well dicks about banning people over simple bullshit. I'm not paying somebody $10 for them to turn around and dictate behavioral terms to me.

Hmmmm they have to dictate behavioral terms to some degree to avoid some fckin idiots ruining the community or the experience of legit players. I dont mind a strict ban policy since im not going to cheat or anything.
Anyway, to each his own. Either way, for ten bucks its certainly a steal.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Hmmmm they have to dictate behavioral terms to some degree to avoid some fckin idiots ruining the community or the experience of legit players. I dont mind a strict ban policy since im not going to cheat or anything.
Anyway, to each his own. Either way, for ten bucks its certainly a steal.

My issue isn't with them banning cheaters - they should. But with banning people over stuff like trolling. People on the internet are too sensitive and butthurt for their own good. This is coming from personal experience. People should check their sensitivities at the door the moment they get on the internet. The person who is offended is the person who chooses to be offended.

One of the things I liked to do in these games was to leroy a raid. Its comical how serious some of these people are about winning at a video game. To the extent that they're talking to other people like they're idiots who don't know wtf is going on. So yeah, I personally enjoy going leroy on raids just to piss those people off. Maybe if people weren't so fucking serious and had the capacity to get so butthurt over little shit, then it wouldn't be such a troll's paradise for someone like me.

I used to play WoW. I leroy'd raids, rolled for gear I couldn't use, etc. I wasn't a dick to everybody, just toward the people I felt were deserving of such treatment, etc the whiny little bitches.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 23, 2015, 1:51:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info