What's in store for PoE 1.4 and beyond?

I'd love to see a Sci-Fi version of PoE
Just to make things clear, early on, one thing Chris declared adamantly was that PoE would never include guns. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I have this idea of act 4 opens up an entry into the Beyond, where all the shit is coming from and Abaxoth is an errand boy for some nasty god of pure badassness that the player will have to defeat in order to purge Wraeclast once and for all of the corruption. Some kind of hellish place a'la Diablo's last act. And it will all end in this big showdown with the exiles and the masters on one side , and Dom, piety and the rest of the map bosses with the unnamed god leading the forces of evil towards a gritty ending of some sort.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Just to make things clear, early on, one thing Chris declared adamantly was that PoE would never include guns. ='[.]'=

Count me as thankful!

I was happy when the goblin bit ended and the game got back to the standard magic, axes and bows! :D
"
Dkodr wrote:
I have this idea of act 4 opens up an entry into the Beyond, where all the shit is coming from and Abaxoth is an errand boy for some nasty god of pure badassness that the player will have to defeat in order to purge Wraeclast once and for all of the corruption. Some kind of hellish place a'la Diablo's last act. And it will all end in this big showdown with the exiles and the masters on one side , and Dom, piety and the rest of the map bosses with the unnamed god leading the forces of evil towards a gritty ending of some sort.

Sounds like a big wrap up! But isn't there 6 more acts to go after act 4?
"
Ghoulz666 wrote:
"
Dungeon Siege 2 is better. And i want a particle cannon a nuke and a scud storm like in command and conquer zero hour. I deserve to blow up the entire screen and 10 screens over!

God no. DS2's experience went down the toilet with the stupid powers added to it. Forcing enemies with massive life pools and characters like melee with a shield that deal virtually no damage. For god's sake there are guys at endgame with like 7000 health and one of my fighters that was dealing only 150 damage.

one fiddy dmg ?
i think you were doing something wrong
@grant_m Well with the new Steam Powered armour skin being released you might be on to something here. :)

Edit: Oh, with all the electrical and steam-punk style gadgetry that Piety and Dominus use it may also go towards that style.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
Last edited by Elcardil on Jan 22, 2015, 10:16:56 PM
"
"
Dkodr wrote:

Sounds like a big wrap up! But isn't there 6 more acts to go after act 4?
Do you really think that there is only one Ancient Evil? )
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
No. Maybe a headless horseman.
Now I generally like steampunky stuff.
I wouldn't like it in PoE, however.
If PoE were to evolve into that direction, I'd probably be out.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info