What's in store for PoE 1.4 and beyond?

Anyone else play the original Dungeon Siege? I remember it having a similar diablo-ish low tech fantasy style as PoE up until one descended into the underground Goblin lair. Then you were faced with (and could equip) high tech flame throwers, lightning guns and the like.

That new armour set got the wheels of nostalgia turning! ;)

What are your thoughts, exiles? Will we be facing laser rifle wielding mechanoids sometime in PoE's future?
Just take procurement and poe.trade, shove that shit in game and I'll be happy.
Oops! I had a couple of vague spoilers for those not having played DS1 yet :D (my bad)
That grenade launcher in DS was one of my fav weapons :O!

epic stuff :), got some hacked version before it was in the store at a lan-party. Lol everybody ended up going in party's and playing DS the entire weekend non-stop :D, good times.

Personally i would not mind some steam-tech stuff in PoE, however, that melee vs ranged balance yo...
if ranged also becomes "cooler" to play, melee lost all of its perk man.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Dungeon Siege 2 is better. And i want a particle cannon a nuke and a scud storm like in command and conquer zero hour. I deserve to blow up the entire screen and 10 screens over!
I misread Dungeon seige, for Dungeon Keeper. Now that's a game i miss.

1.4, 6-8 new zones probably half the act like they did with 3. Tons of killing, death, and tears. It better be glorious.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
I misread Dungeon seige, for Dungeon Keeper. Now that's a game i miss.

1.4, 6-8 new zones probably half the act like they did with 3. Tons of killing, death, and tears. It better be glorious.

I bought in to the early access for War for the Overworld, the "spiritual successor" - it looks very very awesome, but the updates are slow enough that I wish I had waited.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Dungeon Siege 2 is better. And i want a particle cannon a nuke and a scud storm like in command and conquer zero hour. I deserve to blow up the entire screen and 10 screens over!

God no. DS2's experience went down the toilet with the stupid powers added to it. Forcing enemies with massive life pools and characters like melee with a shield that deal virtually no damage. For god's sake there are guys at endgame with like 7000 health and one of my fighters that was dealing only 150 damage.
"
Boem wrote:
That grenade launcher in DS was one of my fav weapons :O!

epic stuff :), got some hacked version before it was in the store at a lan-party. Lol everybody ended up going in party's and playing DS the entire weekend non-stop :D, good times.

Personally i would not mind some steam-tech stuff in PoE, however, that melee vs ranged balance yo...
if ranged also becomes "cooler" to play, melee lost all of its perk man.

Peace,

-Boem-

Melee could get steam tech stuff too. Grappling hook attacks to launch yourself at enemies and chain swords!
Ranged don't have to be the only ones to get all the cool toys.
"
Ghoulz666 wrote:
"

God no. DS2's experience went down the toilet with the stupid powers added to it. Forcing enemies with massive life pools and characters like melee with a shield that deal virtually no damage. For god's sake there are guys at endgame with like 7000 health and one of my fighters that was dealing only 150 damage.

This is how it always looks in terms of stats in any arpg...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info