I don't blame people for zoom hacking. The zoom in this game is almost unbearable.

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Bohker wrote:
Hell, mow a few lawns, fix the neighbor lady's pipes ;)

How about the neighbor lady works my pipe? ;o)

LOL :D even if it doesn't pay, its better than zooms
Standard: Level 78 GS/HS Marauder
≈<°^°>≈ Flying Spaghetti Monster for Act4
"
Bohker wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Bohker wrote:
Hell, mow a few lawns, fix the neighbor lady's pipes ;)

That feel when my neighbour lady is 68 years old. Not sure if want.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Bohker wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

That feel when my neighbour lady is 68 years old. Not sure if want.

She might not feel like it, but she's still 19 on the inside.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
KillerB wrote:

Did these projectiles come from places you could rerun and expect, or were these randomised? Did said projectiles damage you before you could react to them? Did mario brothers have client-server latency? Did mario brothers punish you for going in x direction with a shorter LoS? If the answer to these questions were the same for PoE and MB then you can say that it's not an issue.
And I'm not going to bring up desync leapers because reasons.

You do realize I was being a smart ass with the game I choose as a starting point? But in my experience with this game and others, there is still plenty of view range available. Yes I get nicked on occasion from a random shot outside of line of site, but its not detrimental. Even the occasional "Leapslamming frogs from the land of desync" do not impact my game that much, nor have they caused me to die because one or two jumped in from outside my screen. I think you should be able to aggro mobs off the screen. I'm a ground slamming marauder. It's not like I am quietly tapping the floor to the mob in the next room can't here me. Nor is it that because an enemy is off screen suddenly he is deaf and blind to another enemy that is on the very edge of my screen.

This still doesn't make it ok for someone to use a maphack to get a better zoom. I think the zoom is fine. What res are these players running? 800x600? 1024x1280? I feel like it comes down to a user end equipment issue and players trying to speed through a map.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Desync is real, but in the context of view range and my experience with the game, game established parameters for view range is not the problem.
I have a beefed up Aurora. I do not need to buy a better computer. What I do need is for my character to be able to see more than 10 yards.
What is your monitor size? what res are you running? are you in windowed mode or full screen?

I am on a 19" 1600x900 full screen. No issues that would drive me to risk installing cheatware. just sayin...

Actually, the more I think about it I will say this, or we will get off topic from the OP. I personally do not feel the need for a change in view range. BUT if x amount of the player base, are playing on systems that hinder their view range based on display abilities, and x is a large enough number. Then, yes, GGG should consider making a change.

The main point here is, that it is in no way so detrimental that I would risk breaking terms of service and use a hack, nor to I believe anyone else should have.

*** edited after thinking for a sec. trying to work at the same time XD ***
Last edited by Bohker on Jan 21, 2015, 9:15:57 PM
I am in windowed fullscreen 1920x1080. My monitor isn't huge but isn't small. I have always been hesitant to get a huge monitor. I would say that it's standard.
"
Selminus wrote:
I am in windowed fullscreen 1920x1080. My monitor isn't huge but isn't small. I have always been hesitant to get a huge monitor. I would say that it's standard.

:/ that should be good to go I would imagine anything that could properly run that res should be 19" or larger. In game settings are set to match?

Again it maybe it's just me that is fine with things as they are regarding zoom. It was the same with world of tanks. I was fine with the standard game parameters.
Look I'm gonna leave it at this.

It is completely unacceptable for a game that is supposed to be 'skill based' and 'action oriented' to take control completely out of the player's hands and force him to take damage due to bad design. The shitty ass zoom view, especially when going down on a map is probably one of the biggest issues with the game outside of desync, it makes it practically impossible to avoid certain mobs, and considering that certain random combinations of mobs are able to either 1 shot or quickly burst a player down before he can really react, it is basically inexcusable for GGG to have the game this way. At the very least they can say desync isn't really fixable due to their atrocious coding, getting killed because of shitty camera angles/zooming however is totally and 100% fixable.
Although I know they will never change this because of that meaning they would have to rebalance the whole game, I agree with this.

The camera on PoE is claustrophobic and the rhythm of action makes you always feel the need of wider sight to control what is going on.

Larger maps and a more panned out zoom would be amazing but that will not happen, I remember reading something about it. When they coded the game there was an issue with the graphics engine zooming out more. So yeah it is another issue of the graphics engine and that will not be changed ....

Another really annoying thing about this is that with the ranged OP builds and the camera being so zoomed in, it makes it another huge disadvantage for melee classes, as you have to walk to hit something but the camera won't let you see further so you can actually kill something too while the ranged op build is off screening everything .... Crap design.
Last edited by chromafunk on Jan 21, 2015, 11:06:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info