I don't blame people for zoom hacking. The zoom in this game is almost unbearable.

The lack of zoom in this game is not only unprecedented, but it's something I've struggled with since beta. I do not blame people for wanting to bypass it. I have never played anything in my 20 years of gaming that forced me into such a close view. There are legitimate problems with this and it's not like we haven't been asking for a change for SEVERAL YEARS now. Don't believe me? Google "zooming out in PoE" and watch 50 billion links pop up with people asking for a change.

1. Ranged toons can die to off screen reflect mobs very, very easily thru no fault of their own.
2. You are not even provided with a reasonably realistic los. Is this seriously how far I would be able to see in real life - 10 yards? Are you kidding me? If you don't want people to float thru maps by seeing everything then reduce the overall range of ranged skills... don't force us into a fishbowl instead.
3. Mobs like leapers can't even be detected until they are in mid air - and they travel thru air incredibly fast for a lot of damage.

People that use skills like Tornado shot in high end maps literally fire into the edges of the screen and watch their health gloves to make sure they don't hit a reflect. IS that the type of gameplay you intended? Shooting into the "distance" ( notice the quotes because the distance is a joke ) and watching their health globes?

I've never played anything where you were not only rewarded for, but needed to fire off screen into where my printer sits to safely navigate.

As a matter of fact, this is the first game I've ever played ( and I've been gaming since UO in 1998 ) where people were deeply compelled to find alternative means to zoom out.

Maphacking and Botting are unacceptable. I get that. Zooming out a little bit shouldn't even be a point of argument.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Me neither, if I wasn't such a coward, I would have used the tools to double the zoomlevel a long time ago.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Actually I found 1,050,000 results on Google for zooming out in PoE. GGG has got to stop ignoring this topic. It's a huge turnoff, and huge turnoffs translate into financial losses.
"
Selminus wrote:
The lack of zoom in this game is not only unprecedented

Pretty much every ARPG up until this latest generation had no zoom at all, so there is plenty of precedent.
"
Selminus wrote:
1. Ranged toons can die to off screen reflect mobs very, very easily thru no fault of their own.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

epic thread, so good.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
More visibility = more range incentives. Dat meta balancing ;)
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I've never had a problem with the camera.

I have, on the other hand, had a problem with mobs that have a greater LOS and range than the player.

IMHO, if the player cannot see or shoot (accurately) off screen, neither should mobs.

Solution: Do not allow players to damage anything off screen; do not allow anything off screen to damage players (including projectiles that chain, etc.).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jan 21, 2015, 10:35:25 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I've never had a problem with the camera.

I have, on the other hand, had a problem with mobs that have a greater LOS and range than the player.

IMHO, if the player cannot see or shoot (accurately) off screen, neither should mobs.

Solution: Do not allow players to damage anything off screen; do not allow anything off screen to damage players (including projectiles that chain, etc.).

I've been saying this exact same thing for quite some time. Though I am a little confused how the OP can die to reflect so easily. Ever since ondars guile works on reflect, AND reflect was reduced this hasn't occurred to me since.
I appreciate the feedback. I am glad to see I am not alone. It is unfortunate that GGG does not even see this as an issue.
"
Old news, often resurrected by new people who don't know it's old. Or old people who can't let go.

I would rather a lowering of the camera angle.

But either would require so much more rebalancing than some people think.

So no, I don't think using illegal tools to manipulate the zoom level is acceptable. It's still getting an unfair edge over others, and by extension over the game.

Play the game as GGG intended. Give feedback if you must. But at least respect their wishes and don't cheat.

But go on, argue that breaking the rules for a feature you feel should be standard is the way to get GGG to do something about it. I won't disagree.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info