Build Build Overview

Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswixD6sTzBQgFr8YXRo4JpUnLygqKU8qCyo4MZ4yCTSONZI11jY9OuE7KDwFPC087z_8RQpLV0z_TeNP81BHUzVVS2BDYeJirGebaPJp_mvZbEZsjG1sbj1vnnBScmxyqXcHd-N4DYKbgwmFfYY7hxOLT4wLjDaQVZJ9l3mYb5o7m7WcpJ2qn9-iAKZXqW6uPq9ssbO1SLXytz65fL68wGbA48M6xPbGrspK2L3cI-Qi5FHlz-hm7DjssOzL7UHvDu988B_xs_JF8-r0xvcy_gr-jw==

Gear:

Explanation:

Crit Dualwield groundslam, kind of similar to Skyforth's old Glaciator.

Groundslam only hits with your main hand weapon, so the DPS of your offhand weapon doesn't matter - only the benefits it gives. The tooltip is bugged. Do not look at your tooltip DPS. It thinks you hit with both hands. Your actual DPS is significantly higher than tooltip. So Ungil's Gauche, Prismatic Eclipse, and Soul Taker are all nice options. I use Soul Taker as an endgame option because Groundslam's mana cost is quite high on a 6L.

Links are Groundslam - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - WED - Phys to Lightning - Inc AOE.
Because we use Abyssus, the nerfed crit multi gem is not worth using. Gives low DPS and spiky damage. Phys to Lightning converts half your phys damage to elemental, so physical reflect is not an issue. I swapped between Inc AOE and Phys to Lightning when I had a 5L. Phys to Lightning more DPS, Inc AOE more coverage and safety.

Elemental reflect can get iffy. Recommended to swap life leech in for WED on ele reflect maps.

Can use Glacial Hammer as a single target. I used it until Groundslam started doing more DPS than Glacial, and swapped it out for 2x Vaal Haste.

Definitely Atziri viable, but not the build I'd use to run Atziri. There are better builds for that.

Oak/Kraityn/Alira bandits.

--

Can run any map mod if you're flexible with your links. Level a Purity of Elements, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Crit, and Life Leech offhand to swap in based on map mods.

I recommend a similar flask setup to mine. Topaz for ele reflect. Granite for phys reflect and general phys mitigation. Atziri flask for leech for VP and for damage. "Of Fending" is a spectacular mod on your Topaz. Functions very similar to how "King of the Hill" works for Crit Tornado builds. Keeps dangerous mobs off of you.

--

Base priceline for the build is around 4ex. 2ex for a Doryani's, 2ex for a 5L Lightning Coil. Good Abyssus helps. Use Ungil's Gauche/Prismatic offhand. Rest of gear is rare.

To maximize build potential, I'd say around 20-25ex is solid. 3ex good Doryani's, 15ex 6L Lightning Coil, 2.5ex shitty Soul Taker, rest for good rares.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 20, 2015, 9:39:06 PM
"
sherkhan wrote:
That title.

:( Was just posting a quick explanation in off-topic for some party members who asked to try the build. Don't make fun of me!
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 21, 2015, 5:44:51 PM
"
Languidness wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
That title.

:( Was just posting a quick explanation in off-topic for some party members who asked to try the build. Don't make fun of me!

Pretty sure you can change the thread title. In fact please do, this looks interesting. I had a blast playing the "Glaciator" build.
"
Norky wrote:
"
Languidness wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
That title.

Pretty sure you can change the thread title. In fact please do, this looks interesting. I had a blast playing the "Glaciator" build.

Not really interested in making an actual guide. Aside from calculating DPS, there's nothing terribly complicated about this build. You can get some details throughout this thread though. Basically a lot of the build's progress and changes level 70-90
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1153256/page/5

Build changed a fair amount from the first few posts, so I guess you can see some process tests. Also put some leveling instructions somewhere in there.

--

If you're going to run this in Torment, I think my current way of running it is pretty good.

For Bloodlines I'd consider dropping Physical to Lightning to eliminate ele reflect issues, and would obviously also drop Abyssus in that scenario so that Phys reflect doesn't become an issue. Doryani's Catalyst is crazy expensive in Bloodlines anyhow, and you wouldn't even get the full effect of Phys to Lightning without it.

--

If you liked Glaciator, you'll like this. They play out pretty much identically. This actually has higher DPS endgame despite all the crit nerfs, though you no longer get all that nice block-chance.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 24, 2015, 8:13:51 AM
Thanks again for posting this, I'm one of the guys in the pug that was in awe of the pure dps and clear speed of this build. My marauder just hit 85, gonna start one of these guys in Torment tonight!
🐢
Just hit 76 last night. This build is starting to mature into what I expected it to be! Instead of two vaal hastes I replaced one with a vaal grace for boss fights. I use herald of ice as well, running ice, fire, and lightning heralds along with hatred. I got a soul taker as soon as possible and have loved it! The clear speed is just about equal to some of the more powerful discharge builds I have played, yet it is more fun since there are no power charges and you can destroy single targets easier. thanks again for sharing this idea, it has given me many hours of fun!
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info