Am I doomed to play no more POE ?

Apple hardware can run PoE fine. Bootcamp is essentially "dual-booting" for macs, so you'd install and use Windows as the operating system instead of MacOS X. The people saying "sell your mac" don't understand that Macs are PCs, same as Dells and HPs are PCs. They just come pre-loaded with a different OS.

Learning enough about computers to install Windows in your bootcamp partition is probably easier than learning how to manage wine on MacOS, but then you'd have the disadvantage of employing Windows as your OS. If you can get used to Windows, that'd be your best option for playing games though.

Your current wine-wrapped PoE still depends on the MacOS video driver for your FirePro W5000, and I'm assuming without doing any research that AMD's Windows version of the driver would blow that out of the water.
Last edited by ionface on May 28, 2015, 8:56:24 AM
"
ionface wrote:
Apple hardware can run PoE fine. Bootcamp is essentially "dual-booting" for macs, so you'd install and use Windows as the operating system instead of MacOS X. The people saying "sell your mac" don't understand that Macs are PCs, same as Dells and HPs are PCs. They just come pre-loaded with a different OS.

Learning enough about computers to install Windows in your bootcamp partition is probably easier than learning how to manage wine on MacOS, but then you'd have the disadvantage of employing Windows as your OS. If you can get used to Windows, that'd be your best option for playing games though.

We sure (or at least I do) know that Macs are PCs. But what is the point of having Mac (that costs extra for being a Mac) and then installing Windows on it? :-V If you need your computer for games (and mainly for games), then I'm quite sure you want a PC. If you need Mac for work, well, maybe you can try doing some tinkering. I wouldn't. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info