Am I doomed to play no more POE ?

Hi exiles !

PoE have been the perfect new game for me (as on old Guild wars 1 player during 7 years) but I can't play it anymore.

I got a Mac Pro, which is I know the worst computer in the gamer's world but it isnt a choice but a gift.

I tried a lot to play on PoE, since i'm just in love building in this game, but I can't level up.

I already fixed the desync problem with a new version of the Poe mac's client but I can't fix the lag issue. Often, i just die because I run...and BOOM i'm died and there is a bunch of monsters !

I read all the lag's posts but i can't fix it !

Am I doomed to play no more PoE ?

Thanks for your replies.
Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this. Currently Path of Exile is not officially supported on non-windows operating systems, though we are looking into possibly doing so in the future.

However if you wish to download our standalone client from our website you should be able to open it in WINE. For more information on how to do this, some users on our forums have put together a guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980

Our users have also put together an unofficial mac port of the game here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708

Please note that we are unable to provide support for any versions of the game running on a non-windows operating system, as we have not ported it ourselves, so if you have any problems doing this, please ask the players in those threads.

Please let us know how you get on!
No longer works at GGG
The game is poorly optimized. Runs shitty on high end pcs too. I can run final fantasy 14 at a constant 30 fps. yet this game i get ridiculous fps spikes.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Last edited by fortyb4five on Jan 20, 2015, 3:08:53 PM
"
MikeP_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this. Currently Path of Exile is not officially supported on non-windows operating systems, though we are looking into possibly doing so in the future.

However if you wish to download our standalone client from our website you should be able to open it in WINE. For more information on how to do this, some users on our forums have put together a guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980

Our users have also put together an unofficial mac port of the game here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708

Please note that we are unable to provide support for any versions of the game running on a non-windows operating system, as we have not ported it ourselves, so if you have any problems doing this, please ask the players in those threads.

Please let us know how you get on!

I'm sorry for my poor english, i'm french

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I was first really disappointed to not being able to play this wonderful game ! Great work !

I have unstall my "mac version" of PoE and i'm installing the "Wine" version.
BUMP !

I didn't see any way to install PoE with Wine since it is a .msi download link !
Hi Justice_,

This thread should help you, although it's not officially supported by our team.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Please be aware of a terrible performance. Not only your computer is bad for gaming in general, but Wine also cuts a lot of the performance. You won't have a good experience.
Now consider the fact that PoE isn't good optimized in general.
Last edited by darkmatch on Jan 21, 2015, 7:54:09 AM
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
Hi Justice_,

This thread should help you, although it's not officially supported by our team.

Thanks for your reply, but that's what I used on my computer, and the lags were just too "hard" to get a good experience of the game.

As I said, I'm not a troll that said "this game is sh** where is the FULL HD ?" => it's been the best game i've played since Guild wars 1 !

But I just can't play with this "mac os version", but people seems ok with this version. Am I doing something wrong ? Is there any way to "cut some details" to get no more lags ?

Darmatch
: Then , am I doomed to play no more PoE ?
Last edited by Justice_ on Jan 22, 2015, 1:06:39 PM
I don't think so. You could try dualbooting (using Mac OSX and Windows parallel) if you think that's worth it. There should be tutorials on the internet, I personally don't know how to do it with Mac OSX since I use Windows and Linux. But you should be aware, that switching to Windows every time you want to play PoE could be annoying and that the performance still won't be great, but likely playable.

You could, of course, completely switch to Windows if Mac OSX isn't important to you, it's your decision.

Otherwise, I'm afraid there's no real way to get better performance with Wine, especially since the computer isn't good for games anyways.
Last edited by darkmatch on Jan 21, 2015, 2:17:32 PM
"
darkmatch wrote:
I don't think so. You could try dualbooting (using Mac OSX and Windows parallel) if you think that's worth it. There should be tutorials on the internet, I personally don't know how to do it with Mac OSX since I use Windows and Linux. But you should be aware, that switching to Windows every time you want to play PoE could be annoying and that the performance still won't be great, but likely playable.

You could, of course, completely switch to Windows if Mac OSX isn't important to you, it's your decision.

Otherwise, I'm afraid there's no real way to get better performance with Wine, especially since the computer isn't good for games anyways.

I think what you're looking for is called "Bootcamp"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info