The most logical argument against legacies

i think if they could they would nerf all legacy but they have stated tecchnical limitations prevents it so logic does not play in.

Git R Dun!
"
Richeart wrote:

2. Fixing this problem using my solution would not be away from any player. Thus this is clearly a flaw that should be fixed if technologically and economically possible.

Subjective.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I've read through a lot of this thread and have a few things to say here.

1.) Legacies, in most cases, were not created by a mistake, but as a result of balance changes, or to encourage build diversity.

For example, take Kaom's Heart. It used to be +1000 HP (and such versions are still around in standard).
However, GGG later buffed life nodes, so they reduced the flat value to +500 to compensate.

Also the nerfs to CoD and LC can be mentioned here.

2.) Some items (aka Crown of Eyes and Acuity) have no legacy versions. They were nerfed globally when it seemed to be too much of an issue.

3.) Some items have worse legacy versions (though you can fix this with a divine in some cases).

Take an old death's harp without the crit chance local mod, for example.

4.) Finally, the presence of legacies in a league does not affect the experience of a typical (aka no high level pvp, not serious lld either) PoE player. Someone having a better item in no way makes the game more difficult or less enjoyable for one of these players. If they really want a legacy item, they are available for purchase as well.

Also mention worthy is the orb of removing legacies, the
A lot of old items have been destroyed by using these.

Honestly the more of your replies I've read OP the less logic appears and the more salt begins to show.
I'm surprised you're not complaining about mirror daggers and stuff. Legacy uniques are not the biggest problem or issue in standard/hc.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:

I'm surprised you're not complaining about mirror daggers and stuff. Legacy uniques are not the biggest problem or issue in standard/hc.

I would hug you and probably touch your butt if you were next to me when you wrote that.

I've been saying that for-ev-ah
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I only opened this to ask why has this thread drained so much attention ??

if that guy does not like them , he can play new leagues , buy them or unistall the game
everyone here talks about his brain farts
"
Zorgilon wrote:
I only opened this to ask why has this thread drained so much attention ??

if that guy does not like them , he can play new leagues , buy them or unistall the game
everyone here talks about his brain farts

But he doesn't like temp leagues, and doesn't like legacies, so feels the game should cater to his niche preferences.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
Richeart wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

@Richeart
I believe I addressed your point when I said if you dont like legacies and choose to play standard you should quit whining as they are not going anywhere, the game is and always will be built around the temp leagues...

1. Even though GGG seems to be more idealistic company than the most (which is both positive and negative thing) even they cannot completely ignore the feedback.
2. In addition even if PoE will not be changed, maybe this thing is fixed in PoE 2 whenever it comes. Or at the very least maybe some competitor or future game developers checks these forums and decides to make sure they will not make the same mistakes GGG did.

"
k1rage wrote:

so play those or deal with the flaws of the leftovers leagues without bitching about it cause bitching wont change anything

1. I see no reason for you using such words (bolded) when I clearly gave constructive criticism and even provided possible solution in one of my earlier posts that should be ok even for those who want to keep their legacies. Next time you argue against me or anyone else, please use more sensible language. No reason to try to bait others to ad hominem attacks.
2. Fixing this problem using my solution would not be away from any player. Thus this is clearly a flaw that should be fixed if technologically and economically possible.

I dident know bitching was a naughty word, its not where I come from, I regularly see worse words on these forums, and it accurately describes what many people are doing. Im kinda confused here. I meant no offense sry
I dont see any any key!
Because people are retards and they shouldn't be using it in races to get banned in the first place
If you hack openly on any game you get banned fast HIDE it and you only get banned when a retard posts it on some forum

I stand by my saying its the same thing as hacking - the races

@other person
Maybe people would stop posting the same posts over and over again if GGG did something about what is being posted you think? like desync for one PLAYERS keep posting how they want it fixed yet GGG just ignores them

No one wants legacies yet GGG just ignores us
I have legacies i say remove them all without telling us and don't give us refunds and remove IIQ and iir while your at it
"
Lynerus wrote:

No one wants legacies yet GGG just ignores us
I have legacies i say remove them all without telling us and don't give us refunds and remove IIQ and iir while your at it

Do not include me in the conversation. I for one do not care if someone has some expensive legacy gears that I can never afford, but at least I have the opportunity to get legacy items I can afford or have already obtained. -_-
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 20, 2015, 9:55:17 PM
If only there was some way to play this game in a league without legacy items!
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info