Fuck the Police

That still won't stop a farmer from leaving the bar heading to their car and returning... ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
True. I guess it's just a cultural difference between NZ and the US that it doesn't happen :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I'm sure you'd prefer Gandalfs staff anytime... :P.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
its easy to get guns here. Its probably better to be unregistered in the US anyways, just in case.
"
solwitch wrote:
I'm sure you'd prefer Gandalfs staff anytime... :P.

I'm more interested in Aragorn's staff... If you know what I mean *wink wink*
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
My experiences with police in Australia are very positive.

I've played cricket with a few of them and they make excellent team mates. Very quick to use communication to defuse situations before they arise.

Down under, if your scared of the police it's because you've comitted some serious crimes.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

As an American I think I can speak on this subject a little.

One: I don't own a gun and don't plan to anytime in the future. And Sol, gun laws are different in the Northeast than they are in Florida where gun ownership is easier than car rental.

Two: Bad cops. We got them. And we have good cops too. Locally we had one really bad cop that specialized in arresting underage kids to prove how tough he was and then lying in court about why. Guess what? The other cops in the area hated this asshole with a passion. He has since been removed from the force.

Three: Former military types can make wonderful cops. Or bad ones. Depends on the person. The problem we have here is the military said here! Take all this military equipment for free. Not to mention the training now of overwhelming force. The idea is good, but the practice is bad.

Four: What happened in NYC was allowed to happen by the elected officials that wanted an aggressive force. The b,low back now is the elected officials want to stop this overly aggressive policing and the police are wrongly fighting back.

Its worse that Grand Juries almost never allow a cop to go to trial. Why? Because the Prosecutor that brings the charges and presents the evidence to the grand jury works closely with the police. Its really a conflict of interest.

But take police and guns out of the equation and America still has a personality problem. I got lost going to a computer show with a friend in one of our larger cities. I stopped and asked for directions from a group of black men near a corner.

My friend afterward asked me if I was crazy. I pointed out that as I asked politely for directions, they politely gave them to me. I truly believe that if you treat someone like a human, they will typically respond like a human. Same goes when dealing with the police.

Now the police are given wide latitude in dong their work as it is dangerous. And not just from guns and violence. My Brother in law's brother in law was a cop. He got hit by a drunk while writing a speeding ticket. His back is all sorts of fucked up now.

But as in all groups that wield incredible power, they must police themselves or the public which they truly work for will step in and make the changes themselves. (As in what is happening in NYC)

One of the huge issues I see here is you don't need special training to become a policeman. At minimum police need to be trained on how to talk. Too often they start the problem with being arrogant and disrespectful.

Think about every time you have encountered someone that was arrogant and disrespectful right off the bat. You tend to respond in kind. I know I do.
My last words on the subject. I thought I made it clear I was speaking about America only. There in the first sentence "One of the huge issues I see here..." as it were.

I can not speak for other countries or cultures as I not visited any of them in some time, but I do read and bad policing is not just an American problem. I believe it was in Poland (pardon me if I get this wrong) were the entire police force was fired for corruption and without the police on the streets, traffics accidents went way down as the cops weren't shaking down motorists and clogging the streets.

There is one law you can not escape. The Law of Unforeseen Consequences.
You summoned me? Big wall of text as usual, hmmmm... Let me put it this way...

1. Do not post ignorant opinions on military men and woman. (Don't make me start reporting haven't in years) I visited my friends in Schofield barracks in Hawaii... It's a utopia for military men and woman. Hehe I was taught (extremely funny) the suave deodorant cost 56 cents is amazingly good. Military personnel smelling like flowers. In addition I have military high ranked friends in Tampa another amazing utopia for military personnel. I am familiar with rankings and sociology. To even imply that these men and woman shouldn't carry a gun for psychological reasons is not an opinion you are qualified to comment on.

Now we all know I'm insane, but when I'm serious ask the moderators... I fucking move mountains... Don't temp me on the subjects that I regard sacred.

Back to guns... You need them, if you are a responsible person get one....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info