GGG.. youre giving out a warning to hackers... why?

"
Now we talk particle effects? Seriously, stop playing on laptops! Stop playing on PCs from 1997!

Don't trash talk laptops. I use one and play Path of Exile smoothly on the highest graphics settings.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
Now we talk particle effects? Seriously, stop playing on laptops! Stop playing on PCs from 1997!

Don't trash talk laptops. I use one and play Path of Exile smoothly on the highest graphics settings.

Didnt talk about all of em, but many arent made for gaming so its reasonable people should switch laptops or get a real PC.
Because money.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
morbo wrote:
"
RelmXz wrote:
Without the particle disable, I cant even play the game properly without dying.

Not even if you lower the texture quality in the .ini file? Setting it to 4 - 6 should speed up effects, as the textures resolution is significantly lowered.

Looking at smeared shit isn't pretty, but imo preferable to using 3rd party hacks & cheating software.

this wont help him alot, only slightl, because poe engine is just a mess and particles are the main reason for low fps.

there are several pictures on reddit from people that show their fps with and without particles... lets just say the fps increase with particles disabled is for some 300%+ (fom 28 to 100+)
Last edited by Esto on Jan 20, 2015, 6:31:31 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Because money.

Short term. Long term, POE now has the rep of being a hackers paradise. You cant use this particular map hack tool any more, sure, but any new tool with a different set of features is pretty much guaranteed safe to use until it reaches market pentetration of 10% of Reddit's userbase, even then you are likely just to receive a strongly worded letter from GGG. A new player either decides to use these tools or just play D3 without worrying about competing (trading/racing) at a disadvantage.
"
gorillajuice wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Because money.

Short term. Long term, POE now has the rep of being a hackers paradise. You cant use this particular map hack tool any more, sure, but any new tool with a different set of features is pretty much guaranteed safe to use until it reaches market pentetration of 10% of Reddit's userbase, even then you are likely just to receive a strongly worded letter from GGG. A new player either decides to use these tools or just play D3 without worrying about competing (trading/racing) at a disadvantage.

not it has not, the rep poe has is more the one that its a game which ha shitty fps on machines that otherwise can run 40 vs 40 pvp scenarios without dropping below 40fps

oh and another one is that they dont care for QoL features and rather dish out microtransactions every patch and churn out act after act while the game becomes one single fps mess.

hacking/cheating wise every shooter out there has a worse one than poe.

/edit

funny thing, after the ones that used maphacks recieved their warnings streamer numbers dropped from a constant 1,3k-1,5k to a whopping 500-550
Last edited by Esto on Jan 20, 2015, 6:44:44 AM
A little story of me:

My game started to act a bit diffrent right after patch with cheating pointer, i am getting disconnects from completly idiotic reasons:
- using Atziri's Promise right before opening strongbox (when i know mob spawn can kill me and life leech from pot can save my cycloner)
- using Vaal Haste right before boss fight in any map
- changing graphic settings - doesn't matter what and where, i get just disconnected when i change shadows / AA / textures.

So I already sent e-mail to support with this issue and maybe they will be able to help me. If they realy have list of process what trigger "cheating alert", maybe this will help to recognize that for example:

- GPU drivers trigger cheating alert (dumb but possible)
- CCC trigger alert (dumb but possible)
- Razer Synapse 2.0 while changing profile trigger alert (dumb but possible)

Proposed to GGG making a video / opening stream with showoff my process list + ingame issues, dunno what they will answer.

tl;dr:

Sometimes some weird process in your PC can trigger cheating alert and even if you are fully clear - you can be marked of using cheating software and warned / banned.
Last edited by datenshiddd on Jan 20, 2015, 6:46:23 AM
"
Alea wrote:
it's a game, dont forget most of cheat users are irresponsible kids, so ggg is acting rightly by giving them 1 (and only 1) warning.

They were already warned multiple times. This is not their first warning, that's the point.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
So i just logged in and didn't get a warning.

Me: 1
Cheaters: 0

Cheaters need to play more carefully now since after one more misstep they will be banned.

Me: 2
Cheaters: 0

Cheaters ruined the gameplay for many legit players, mainly due to influencing the economy.
Chris removed an ingame feature that was affecting the economy (Hyrbrid vagan mod), but let the cheaters be with just a warning.

Me: 2
Cheaters: 3912
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 20, 2015, 7:48:28 AM
"
Esto wrote:

not it has not, the rep poe has is more the one that its a game which ha shitty fps on machines that otherwise can run 40 vs 40 pvp scenarios without dropping below 40fps

oh and another one is that they dont care for QoL features and rather dish out microtransactions every patch and churn out act after act while the game becomes one single fps mess.

hacking/cheating wise every shooter out there has a worse one than poe.

/edit

funny thing, after the ones that used maphacks recieved their warnings streamer numbers dropped from a constant 1,3k-1,5k to a whopping 500-550

Right on the money there. Most people see POE as too long, desync and item famine. But if you want, hacking can also be added to the list, just not as high to the top things it's known for. As desync will always remain nr 1.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info