GGG.. youre giving out a warning to hackers... why?

"
"
It's almost 4000 people. If they all logged in within the last month, that's like a third of the player base. These people have paid money for microtransactions, stashtabs and whatever else. I wouldn't alienate 1/3 of my paying customers, even if they did make a few mistakes.

A third? Lolol what?!

They clear 20k on at a time, with lulls of maybe 10k.

Stop. Please.

Be gentle on the guy, he thinks steam matters. You seem a little on edge today, (more than usual). I think 'Murica is getting to you.

Here's a pick me up.
[Post Edited by Support]

There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Jan 19, 2015, 10:37:19 PM
They should have banned all those 3912 accounts.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"

At. A. Time. Concurrent. Nothing to do with "player base" really.

Stop making unfounded claims and I'll stop being what you call a dick.

You get what you give when it comes to me. It's simple really

Not worth it to squabble about essentially meaningless things.

I'd like to see what the unique player base charts are. It would be interesting to see the total percentage of people cheating.

Even if there's 40,000 unique players that's still 10%. Yes I agree that my assumptions could be wrong, and the claims have not as much merit as I'd like them to have. The likelihood of this game having more then 50,000 players a month would be rather low imo, I don't know anyone that plays it other then my brother.
Last edited by zalfargia on Jan 19, 2015, 10:34:27 PM
As someone who played in the past in a toaster, I guess I understand the particle hacks. Even then I wouldn't have done it.

This time the hacks require leniency, because they cover a game deficiency. The next time won't (probably).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I disagree with the way GGG have handled this. There is already very little incentive not to cheat for many players, the game is free to play, and in certain communities within this game people are even convinced they are justified in doing so.

Meanwhile I have financially supported this game over the last few years, decided not to cheat because I felt it was the wrong thing to do, and despite this I'm part of the population within this game that GGG seems to care the least about.

The fun in these games for me has been to get as high as I possibly could each season in the hardcore league. When it turns out that GGG can actually detect third party programs that give players an unfair advantage and fail to act I feel let down. Maybe the ladder and race seasons already didn't matter but this is GGG sending the message that even when it is within their power to do so they will not send a message to the greater player base that cheating in this game is wrong.

I'm coming from the perspective of someone, who in my teenage years, would cheat whenever possible just so I could have an edge over someone else online. GGG may want to rethink their business plan because being soft on cheaters in game that is targeted to hardcore players who play for the fun of the ladders is not a sound business plan in the long run.
Sigh, so this whole time I could've been botting/cheating and having a grand ole time not crying about rng, and how shitty my luck was and still be able to play/keep items after they found out I cheated/botted. Awesome sauce.

I pretty much quit because how shitty my luck was.
Last edited by visualize on Jan 19, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
I think GGG got buyed by some Asian company and we didnt know, cause this start to feel like those asian cheap games that just come to milk the money...

I alredy can imagine the guys who hacked laughing at the fair players: "we hacked we got rich and you bishs played for hours and got sh1t".

This is just gona make more people use hacks and use "mules" to farm money for them, honestly feel like quiting the game, one fo the things i had in consideration for GGG was the 0 policy for hacking, now it just feel like another MMORPG.

RIP Path of Exile
Direct ban isnt so cruel?.
I do not have a good system and therefore settings "texture_quality = 6" am playing and I have to use the Particle Disable command.
I find this option in just a hack program. Even if the system enables me to play this game is bad even receive alerts so can is not boring?

edit : and this not make me rich to!
@cthep
@MrsPoroplem
Last edited by Csamilg on Jan 20, 2015, 12:47:21 AM
Would see them banned no questions asked.
I have no real problem with this, as I am sure there were lots of big $$ supporters doing this.

I dont pay GGG a dime, let them do what they need to do to keep the paying customers.

One time only warning, then your gone. Anyone who gets banned after this absolutely deserves it.

I didn't even know there was a maphack, I thought it was just changing loot colors and removing effects. I knew bots were around but they get banned so fast usually its not even funny =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info