GGG.. youre giving out a warning to hackers... why?

"
t_t wrote:
I don't think it would be fair to ban everyone now. A lot of people used it to disable particle effects or loot filter. I don't see how that is worthy of an instant perma ban. And yes those things would and will flag your account.

There has been a lot of discussions about it lately and im sure a lot tried it out, a warning is enough to scare people away from it.

Sure hope GGG will implement some of the features tough. (Cough, adjust amount of particles, cough)

So how do you tell the difference between people who use illegal software to remove effects and those who are using it to get an advantage? and ggg should just let those who used it to gain an economical advantage slide in order to protect those who didn't, and should not have because they knew it was against tos?
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
t_t wrote:
I don't think it would be fair to ban everyone now. A lot of people used it to disable particle effects or loot filter. I don't see how that is worthy of an instant perma ban. And yes those things would and will flag your account.

There has been a lot of discussions about it lately and im sure a lot tried it out, a warning is enough to scare people away from it.

Sure hope GGG will implement some of the features tough. (Cough, adjust amount of particles, cough)

So how do you tell the difference between people who use illegal software to remove effects and those who are using it to get an advantage? and ggg should just let those who used it to gain an economical advantage slide in order to protect those who didn't, and should not have because they knew it was against tos?

They can, clearly. Read the announcement post again.

It was handled correctly.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
t_t wrote:

They can, clearly. Read the announcement post again.

It was handled correctly.

Baaaaa, it was handled correctly Baaaaaa.
"
Xtorma wrote:

GGG's code seems sofisticated enough to tell what specific features that are enabled but im not sure, merely basing it of what is known about the code.

And please, anyone bringing up a "TOS" needs to be realistic, who the hell cares about a TOS, or reads one?

Still, the warning is good. Now I hope GGG really takes some time to implement some features and not code away at anti-cheats all day.
"
Xtorma wrote:

Baaaaa, it was handled correctly Baaaaaa.

Good to see you watched my signature link.

Spoiler
Baaaaaaaaaans. Baaaaaaaaaaaaans.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I think GGG only warned, as they know that 90% of them just wanted to play above 5fps.
Its quite hard to play without dispel particles for people who dont own a high end computer.
We need something to give high-end users 10 fps, else they are playing the game with an unfair advantage compared to the rest of the player-base.

How about a particle remover if below 5fps and a particle enhancer if over 10 fps?

Gotta streamline that equal play etc.

Spoiler
not sure if i am doing this right?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
maulepan wrote:
I think GGG only warned, as they know that 90% of them just wanted to play above 5fps.
Its quite hard to play without dispel particles for people who dont own a high end computer.

There comes a time when you have to say, stop buying your gaming rig from Wal-mart or big name department stores.

On the plus side I'm glad they're going to do something beneficial for the players who were using it to merely improve performance. But still, stop buying toasters.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Seems like 4000 people who should get a ban, but at least the racers should have. What is the point of races if you can cheat?
GGG made a decision. It may not be a decision every person here would make, but then if they banned every person flagged, it would also undoubtedly not be what everyone would do.

So the better question is 'in six months, will everyone agree this was the appropriate way forward?' And the answer, as with many of these things, is simply to wait and see. And maybe play the game a bit while you wait ;)

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Jan 19, 2015, 10:23:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info